Value of: Alex Ovechkin (ducks and covers)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
Okay hear me out.....

Assuming the Capitals do what I expect them to do (fall on their faces) with the current roster next year......I highly doubt Ovie wants to lose his way to the record and if he does, it will be pretty embarrassing and less legendary/epic.

Sure the Capitals will never trade him on their own accord, but looking at next years squad (so far ) it is not hard to imagine Ovie asking to be traded. I predict a severe losing streak next season if changes are not made . This scenario would occur after the season starts.

After today's signings, last years Capitals roster was better and it was still VERY far from enough. GMBM is in over his head and the signings today are symbolic of failure at an attempt to tread water before drowning.

I'd rather see Ovie leave DC, get on a competitive team and break the record while chasing the cup.

Ovechkin deserves a better team around him, not this pathetic, broken, aged Frankenstein GMBM has a vision of and put together.

I know if I were Ovie looking at the Caps roster right now, I at least start the conversation with myself, since Ovie is his own agent.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kalopsia

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
I don’t think the team will make Ovi loose catching the record. You look at EK and the roster he had & he still produced.

I think it’s important the Caps make sure he has linemates he likes. Imo as long as that happens there wouldn’t be a worry about him leaving..
I don't know ...an awful a lot of talent is unhappy, broken, old or on the Capitals. Just seems like such a pathetic end to this goal chase for Ovie. Not the way I would ever envision it.

Last edited:

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
I don't know an awful a lot of talent is unhappy, broken, old or on the Capitals. Just seems like such a pathetic end to this goal chase for Ovie. Not the way I would ever envision it.
Stop. This is dumb. He knows exactly what the plan or lack there of is. Management talks to him about the plan and moves. The only thing in focus now is the record.

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
They're gonna dress him in his 40s as the 13th man and only put him out on the PP if they have to.

I'm convinced everyone is on board to break the record. It's just a matter of time at this point.
It is not as much about not breaking the record....does he want it to be like this? On a team that will be losing and not competitive? He was promised the team would remain competitive and that promise was broken. He is likely unhappy about whatever is up with Kuzy and Orlov leaving.

I would not discount the possibility of this happening after the season starts.

carl jung

Mar 11, 2023
If he wants to beat out Gretzky for Goals, he really should consider Anaheim with Carlsson/Zegras to feed him pucks , it’s like reupping in 2 younger backstroms for him

Reactions: CapsFrontOffice

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
Stupid because I'm asking if Ovie would want to break the record on a non competitive team? Say they come out the gate 0-10 and he has 2 goals?

Backstrom is going to hobble over the record line if he stays.

Ovie also seemed caught off guard about the Orlov trade and then came out with a canned statement after.

Obviously Kuznetsov and him have beef, otherwise Kuzy would not be asking for a trade.

Sure now it seems stupid but what about when they are losing every game and the goal well drys up? If you ask me, that starts next season unless some miracle trades happen between now and then.

If he wants to beat out Gretzky for Goals, he really should consider Anaheim with Carlsson/Zegras to feed him pucks , it’s like reupping in 2 younger backstroms for him
Man I would just like to see even one game of that

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
I don't think the ducks will trade much, they're still rebuilding.
It honestly would be like the Gretzky trade, you are never going to get full
Sterilize OP. Don’t blame his mother. His path is sadly his to own.
I'm very disappointed in you right now.
By far your least ferocious response on these boards
See next season is already sucking the soul out of us Caps fans and it has not even started yet.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
It honestly would be like the Gretzky trade, you are never going to get full

I'm very disappointed in you right now.
By far your least ferocious response on these boards
See next season is already sucking the soul out of us Caps fans and it has not even started yet.
I advise you to take my approach. I sold MY soul to Booze and Women long ago. I live for others now.

Reactions: Lou Sassole

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
The simple fact is this. The Capitals made their big FA signing last season before the Playoffs. It is Rasmus Sandin. The Capitals are committed to a unique approach that I kinda love. Strome, Carlson, and Sandin will force-feed Ovi the Goals record starting with ~20-30 Goals on the PP alone in 2023-24 (he had 14 PP Goals last season effectively without Carlson and Sandin for large portions). The team will be horrid defensively and lose a lot. But they will score. Tom Wilson will draw penalties and they will score on the Man Advantage. They may not make the Playoffs, I doubt they really care. They’ll be in it until the end. I think you personally are underestimating the impact of a full season of Carlson and Wilson who will probably will Ovechkin to the Goals Record personally. [My bet is in 2024-25]. The Capitals goal is (1 - 99) Get Ovi Goals ,(100) - rotate in some young guys, (101) - Fin WhoGivesAF. We SHOULD BE trying to Draft High. We SHOULD NOT be trying to make the Playoffs and get waxed once there.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Ovechkin has nothing left to prove besides breaking Gretzky's record.

He's probably very comfortable in DC, has a stable family life there, and is catered to by management.

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Ovie should be a career Capital. It would look really wrong to see him on any other team. He deserves to be a lifer.

I'd bet dollars to donuts one of Crosby or Ovi has an odd year or two on another team before they retire.

Just Like St. Louis Blues legend Martin Brodeur and Captials legend Henrik Lunquvist.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Capitals franchise will provably drop 25% of its value if they lose Ovie and his quest to 895. The owner will never allow it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad