Value of: Alex Nylander

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Thought for sure there would already be a thread on him. If that's the case please merge this post.

In looking at the Columbus CapFriendly page there are several RFAs but he has to be the trickiest one.

Offensive outburst after the trade from Pittsburgh was impressive. But at 26 years old is he likely to maintain that type of production or was that merely a hot stretch?

What's a reasonable contract given his overall body of work?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
In theory, keeping him would be good as he was something of a nice "found money" bonus for us. In practice, who the heck knows what Waddell's going to do. Especially since we have a metric f***ton of wingers as is.

I think most of us are assuming he'd get a one-year low value "prove you can do it again" type deal.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Thought for sure there would already be a thread on him. If that's the case please merge this post.

In looking at the Columbus CapFriendly page there are several RFAs but he has to be the trickiest one.

Offensive outburst after the trade from Pittsburgh was impressive. But at 26 years old is he likely to maintain that type of production or was that merely a hot stretch?

What's a reasonable contract given his overall body of work?
I don't think it's that tricky. You pay him for how he's performed previously. He has nothing to demand more money. Columbus isn't hurting for cap so it's an easy qualification and would more than likely be paying him bottom dollar. He's playing for his NHL career

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I can't see why the CBJ wouldn't bring him back; he didn't do great for them after the trade.

$1mil x 1-2 years would be solid but I could see something like $1.5-2mil for 1 year as well.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
CONTRACT VALUE
He isn't worth more than $2m cap hit. In fact, he's probably not worth more than $1.5m or $1.6m, cap hit. He did well, but it's a small sample size, and the rest of his career indicates something else. 1 year is all he probably gets. If Columbus has a LOT of faith in him, maybe 2 years.

TRADE VALUE
He's either a flash-in-the-pain press box / AHL winger or a legit top 9 scoring winger. Nobody is going to give Columbus trade value equal to "top 9 scoring winger", so I think the best thing they could do is probably just to hold onto him for another half-season or longer and see if he can continue to play at the level he did last year. Then you can re-evaluate whether or not he fits on the team 3 years from now or if it's a good time to trade him (good) or waive him (bad).

Reactions: VT and Viqsi

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
CONTRACT VALUE
He isn't worth more than $2m cap hit. In fact, he's probably not worth more than $1.5m or $1.6m, cap hit. He did well, but it's a small sample size, and the rest of his career indicates something else. 1 year is all he probably gets. If Columbus has a LOT of faith in him, maybe 2 years.

TRADE VALUE
He's either a flash-in-the-pain press box / AHL winger or a legit top 9 scoring winger. Nobody is going to give Columbus trade value equal to "top 9 scoring winger", so I think the best thing they could do is probably just to hold onto him for another half-season or longer and see if he can continue to play at the level he did last year. Then you can re-evaluate whether or not he fits on the team 3 years from now or if it's a good time to trade him (good) or waive him (bad).
Leafs should take the risk he be good project.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Is he even an NHL player anymore?
Looked better in Columbus than he did on the Penguins. He was given a little more rope to actually display his skill and not be told he needs to be a stone handed pass first wanker that Sullivan adores. He finished with 11 goals, 4 assists for 15pts in 23 games with Columbus. He's worth them keeping for 1/yr at his QO at around 850-900k or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00