Player Discussion Alex Newhook

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Alex Newhook with Nos Jeunes à Coeur in Montreal-North:

1725907357715.png

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
Alex Newhook had 12 goals and 27 points in his final 39 games. That is a 25-goal and 57-point pace over 82 games. Those are more than adequate second-line numbers.
Got this info from an article by Grant McCagg. I wasn't aware of those numbers.
Alex Newhook missed 27 games and came back to an abysmal Habs team without Dach and Dvorak at center.

He played with Gallagher and Armia as a 2nd line center and put up those numbers...

He started winning faceoffs at the end and did better but he could play easier minutes this year next to Dach and Laine.

He was one of the fastest forwards last year, he has a shot and wins his fair share of board battles. For 2.9m a year for 3 more years, I don't get how that guy is not a bigger storyline for our fans.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
The forgotten player. Everyone talks about Laine, Kirby coming back from injury, Slafkovsky progression from last season but nobody mentions Newhook.

I was impressed with the way Newhook finished off the season last year. People are sleeping on him, I think he will impress especially since he will get the chance to play with quality players instead of having to carry Gallagher.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The forgotten player. Everyone talks about Laine, Kirby coming back from injury, Slafkovsky progression from last season but nobody mentions Newhook.

I was impressed with the way Newhook finished off the season last year. People are sleeping on him, I think he will impress especially since he will get the chance to play with quality players instead of having to carry Gallagher.

He's gonna be lost when Buttman gets his dream of expanding the league even further, no way we will be able to protect him with all the other forwards and D we'd have to protect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad