Player Discussion: Alex Killorn

fanhabs

May 10, 2015
mtl fan here ...
i would like to know if you guys feel like killorn is a good 2nd liner (or is it only because he played with stamkos..)
anws would like to know his value from a tampa fan

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think he is a good second liner. His production can wane from time to time but he has the skills and smarts to play in the top 6 for sure. He seems to be a bigger postseason player as well.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
I think he is a good second liner. His production can wane from time to time but he has the skills and smarts to play in the top 6 for sure. He seems to be a bigger postseason player as well.

Only issue with this is we don't really have a spot for him in our top 6.

By no means is that a bad thing, just shows you how damn competitive Tampa is right now. He could easily be a top 3 somewhere else, and I'm pretty sure he knows it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Killorn kind of looks like a guy who's going to get a homerun contract somewhere, someday, from a team who will ultimately regret it.

Very good player, but the kind of player you need to get cheap.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Killorn kind of looks like a guy who's going to get a homerun contract somewhere, someday, from a team who will ultimately regret it.

I think so too. If he wants more money (first line player wants first line money), that will likely happen cause he will be gone from here.

If he continues to be a 40pts player and shows up bigtime in the playoffs and we sign him to a respectable deal for both parties, then he will be a luxury player until Johnson signs his next contract, assuming that Stamkos also signs, cause at that point it's going to be very tough keeping our core, let alone players like Killorn.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
That's why we need guys like Erne and Stephens to develop and slot in behind him. I agree Killorn is not a guy you want to pay too much for.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That's why we need guys like Erne and Stephens to develop and slot in behind him. I agree Killorn is not a guy you want to pay too much for.

It'll be a year or two before I'm sold on Stephens having any part of our future. Erne, I think, is a guy who'll make Killorn expendable if Killer's contract demands get out of hand. It'll suck to lose Killer, don't get me wrong. But it's pretty likely that he's going to want around $4m (more, if he has another playoff like last year).

To me, he's our most likely cap casualty. If guys like Drouin, Paquette, and Namestnikov step up this year, or maybe even Erne (I think Erne will get a look at some point), then it wouldn't be unthinkable to see Killer moved at the deadline. Or maybe next off-season. Just in time to shift his salary over to Kuch and Stamkos fund.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It'll be a year or two before I'm sold on Stephens having any part of our future. Erne, I think, is a guy who'll make Killorn expendable if Killer's contract demands get out of hand. It'll suck to lose Killer, don't get me wrong. But it's pretty likely that he's going to want around $4m (more, if he has another playoff like last year).

To me, he's our most likely cap casualty. If guys like Drouin, Paquette, and Namestnikov step up this year, or maybe even Erne (I think Erne will get a look at some point), then it wouldn't be unthinkable to see Killer moved at the deadline. Or maybe next off-season. Just in time to shift his salary over to Kuch and Stamkos fund.

I'd rather pay Killorn 4mil a year then Callahan 6, and I'm a huge Callahan fan.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

if he makes a jump or continues the jump he had in playoffs and im assuming its likely or very possible to stay he will have to hammer out a sweetheart deal

id love to keep him but of the names out there i seriously consider him to be at this point the number one guy we are forced to move after carle moves or garrison and coburn is not resigned just my two cents and say carle or garrison cause believe myself

this is a 50/50 proposition i get how everyone here is for garrison over carle but i truly do not know how the team feels and have wondered that for a long long time also garrison i though lost his no trade in his trade here etc.. so might be easiest to unload.

not trying to upset you all but maybe carle is that well liked upstairs and we just dont know it

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
if he makes a jump or continues the jump he had in playoffs and im assuming its likely or very possible to stay he will have to hammer out a sweetheart deal

id love to keep him but of the names out there i seriously consider him to be at this point the number one guy we are forced to move after carle moves or garrison and coburn is not resigned just my two cents and say carle or garrison cause believe myself

this is a 50/50 proposition i get how everyone here is for garrison over carle but i truly do not know how the team feels and have wondered that for a long long time also garrison i though lost his no trade in his trade here etc.. so might be easiest to unload.

not trying to upset you all but maybe carle is that well liked upstairs and we just dont know it

Concerning Garrison and Carle, I think how the team feels was showcased on the ice in the playoffs. We sheltered Carle like a rookie when the going got tough.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
coming back from injury had nothing to do with that?

The one he suffered in the season? Garrison went down with an injury too. It was clear from very early on that Garrison had supplanted Carle. And then Carle was really bad in the playoffs. Sustr was the stronger player on their pairing, and that's saying something.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
The one he suffered in the season? Garrison went down with an injury too. It was clear from very early on that Garrison had supplanted Carle. And then Carle was really bad in the playoffs. Sustr was the stronger player on their pairing, and that's saying something.

i expected trade rumors on carle at the very least a look at this point and heard nothing so wonder how management views him honestly

not saying had to trade him since didnt but i expected a tidbit saying he was on market and nothing so wonder how they truly think on him at this point

cooper might think one thing upstairs might think another

just trying to be a realist

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
i expected trade rumors on carle at the very least a look at this point and heard nothing so wonder how management views him honestly

not saying had to trade him since didnt but i expected a tidbit saying he was on market and nothing so wonder how they truly think on him at this point

cooper might think one thing upstairs might think another

just trying to be a realist

I doubt he's traded this year. We don't need the cap space yet and his value is at an all time low.

DHHJ

Dec 11, 2014
Does anyone know who the agent is for Alex Killorn? Thanks for any help!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Talk about a playoff warrior. Come post-season this guy elevates his game, it's almost surreal. From a top-6/top-9 tweener during the regular season he goes to a legit top-6 performance. Strong two-way game, puck magnet, physical and almost doubles his point production from around 0.50-0.55 to almost a point per game (currently 13 in 15). 3rd in goals, tied 2nd for game winning goals, tied 3rd in points on the team these playoffs.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Talk about a playoff warrior. Come post-season this guy elevates his game, it's almost surreal. From a top-6/top-9 tweener during the regular season he goes to a legit top-6 performance. Strong two-way game, puck magnet, physical and almost doubles his point production from around 0.50-0.55 to almost a point per game (currently 13 in 15). 3rd in goals, tied 2nd for game winning goals, tied 3rd in points on the team these playoffs.

Yeah, I'm torn on what the Lightning should do with him. He may not quite be part of the core but when the postseason rolls around he sure puts on a core-like performance. Third on the team in goals and assists both this postseason and the last. He has to play with skilled players to put up numbers like those, but when he's given the opportunity he puts those numbers up. Not to mention his defensive play and knack for clutch goals. I'd love to keep him but I'm just not sure we can afford to do so.

Ad

Ad

Ad