News Article: Alex Formonton retires

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
He has nothing to worry about. His fiance and family are extremely wealthy. They own Atlas/Apex roofing and are worth billions. When he moved in with Norris in my neighbourhood, before the season started, his fiance and mom were at the rental house regularly showing up with their 700K SUV a Rolls Royce Cullinan staging etc. His fiance, if they are still together, her sister, is married to Victor Mete

Seems like he's learning the (fiance's) family business and not just taking up a random trade. Makes more sense for him to stay in Canada with his fiance than chase a hockey career in Russia if that's the case.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
This guy was showing promise to have a very long hockey career as middle 6 winger, was defs a top 5 fastest skater in the league when he was with us. What a waste of a potential.

He is probably regretting not signing that 800k usd qualifying offer right about now.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Whatever. He's not relevant to the Senators anymore and I feel no sympathy having read all the filings and available info, guilty verdict or not.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Why even officially retire at that age?

Unless he's like genuinely sick of playing hockey, what does doing this while he's pled innocent to the charges bring him? He could just not play hockey for a year or two and just find a gig somewhere.

Really weird.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
This guy was showing promise to have a very long hockey career as middle 6 winger, was defs a top 5 fastest skater in the league when he was with us. What a waste of a potential.

He is probably regretting not signing that 800k usd qualifying offer right about now.

If he knew this was coming, maybe he gambled and tried to secure a bridge deal to get as much as possible.

It's possible that what he made in the Swiss league worked out to being not much less after taxes+escrow than what he would have made signing his QO. Escrow was set to 10 percent because of COVID, so right off that bat his real NHL salary goes down to 720k.

SensFanInMTL

Apr 25, 2020
Man's might be in the trade of building hotels but surely destroyed the rooms he stayed in LMFAOOOO.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Why even officially retire at that age?

Unless he's like genuinely sick of playing hockey, what does doing this while he's pled innocent to the charges bring him? He could just not play hockey for a year or two and just find a gig somewhere.

Really weird.
"Retiring" might be a reference to retiring from the NHL and becoming eligible for an NHL pension. He is far too young to quit playing hockey.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Wonder why he didn’t want to go make a few million in Russia. Seems strange.
The trial starts soon doesn't it? Maybe he has to be here for it (or wants to be here for it). I think he made a good decision. The questions I have regarding this case are as follows:
- Which player did she have consensual sex with?
- Is that player one of the 5 being charged?
- Who invited the other players to the room?
- Was she passed out? If not, why wasn't she protesting?
- Wasn't it reported that Batherson went to the room but left?
- Didn't she say anything when Batherson came into the room?
- If not, why not?
- Why did the woman's family report it to Hockey Canada instead of going to the police? It was Hockey Canada that reported it to the London police.
- Why did it take Hockey Canada 4 years to settle the lawsuit?
- The London police closed the case in 2019 but re-opened it after she won her lawsuit. Was there any new evidence or was the payout the reason?

From my perspective, not an open-and-shut case. I'm curious to see who the 2 witnesses are and what they have to say. I find it odd that 5 different players would risk their careers to sexually assaut a woman. I would think they were all popular with women due to their high-profile careers. I'm a woman so no male bias here.

Last edited:

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
The trial starts soon doesn't it? Maybe he has to be here for it (or wants to be here for it). I think he made a good decision. The questions I have regarding this case are as follows:
- Which player did she have consensual sex with?
- Is that player one of the 5 being charged?
- Who invited the other players to the room?
- Was she passed out? If not, why wasn't she protesting?
- Wasn't it reported that Batherson went to the room but left?
- Didn't she say anything when Batherson came into the room?
- If not, why not?
- Why did the woman's family report it to Hockey Canada instead of going to the police? It was Hockey Canada that reported it to the London police.
- Why did it take Hockey Canada 4 years to settle the lawsuit?
- The London police closed the case in 2019 but re-opened it after she won her lawsuit. Was there any new evidence or was the payout the reason?

From my perspective, not an open-and-shut case. I'm curious to see who the 2 witnesses are and what they have to say. I find it odd that 5 different players would risk their careers to sexually assaut a woman. I would think they were all popular with women due to their high-profile careers. I'm a woman so no male bias here.

We're unlikely to know the full story at any point. But there have been suggestions that violence was inferred or outright threatened towards the victim (golf club story). If that happened then anything after would be out the window, most importantly of course being consent.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
We're unlikely to know the full story at any point. But there have been suggestions that violence was inferred or outright threatened towards the victim (golf club story). If that happened then anything after would be out the window, most importantly of course being consent.
Here we go…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad