Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Crewmember on Film Set

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
annnnnnnnnnnd dismissed. A technicality, but certainly aligns with how the prosecution had been dealing with this case. Shouldn't have even been a trial but at least the process played itself out.

Now, onto the civil trial where he'll almost certainly be found liable (justifiably) and have to pay a tremendous amount to the woman's family.
He probably already paid a tremendous amount to have the new evidence fabricated.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
He probably already paid a tremendous amount to have the new evidence fabricated.
Ah yes. The new evidence that the prosecution decided to not give the defense, and not disclose, and not claim was part of a trap by Baldwins team where they were doing it so it would appear, in a separate trial, that Baldwin was the one who was responsible.

Makes a ton of sense if you toss aside all logic because you have a fantasy where someone you don't like because of politics gets convicted and thrown in jail. /eyeroll

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Yikes, the prosecution certainly seemed politically motivated, but to see they behaved so poorly that the case had to be dismissed really makes their motivations clear.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah like I said, the only people who actually believe he should’ve been imprisoned for this wanted it because he made fun of their god king. If you polled them I bet that’s like 90% true.

He’s an undeniable asshole (again, just see the voicemail he left his daughter) but he shouldn’t have been locked up for this. Civil lawsuit yes, negligent manslaughter charges for the person on set actually responsible for the gun yes, but lock him for manslaughter no. This has happened before, people forget that.

And for the record I can name like 1 Alec Baldwin movie, not a fan (just looked it up and the last movie I’ve seen of his is the departed which I forgot he was in lol). I certainly don’t think his case should be dismissed “because I like his movies”….it should be dismissed because it was a politically motivated piece of crap. A waste of taxpayer dollars

Last edited:

John Price

Sep 19, 2008
Even if you don’t think Baldwin SHOULD be charged for this, does anyone honestly believe that if any of us did something like this that we’d avoid a manslaughter charge?
yep he's always been a rich pompous jerk. thankfully the civil trial will empty his pockets

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
annnnnnnnnnnd dismissed. A technicality, but certainly aligns with how the prosecution had been dealing with this case. Shouldn't have even been a trial but at least the process played itself out.

Now, onto the civil trial where he'll almost certainly be found liable (justifiably) and have to pay a tremendous amount to the woman's family.

Technicality implies a clerical error or getting off on something not matieral to the case. Prosecution buried pretty damning exculpatory evidence that likely would have led to charges being dropped anyway.

Even if you don’t think Baldwin SHOULD be charged for this, does anyone honestly believe that if any of us did something like this that we’d avoid a manslaughter charge?

I don't care for this guy but you calling him a "Thug" as if he wanted this or in anyway intended for this means most people won't take you seriously.

Most people who look at the situation objectively see it as quite clearly failing to rise to a Manslaughter conviction and that the armorer is the person who really failed here and primary reason this happened.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
The fact that the prosecution felt they had to cheat to win this case is quite telling isn't it?

It's possible the armorer, who deserved to go to jail for this, might get off now. It's almost impressive to push so hard to punish the wrong person that you end up undoing the justice that had already been served.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If we were nobody actors on the set I genuinely do not think anything would happen to us-for instance I don’t think *any* criminal charges were filed against anybody in Brandon Lee’s death. Not even the person responsible for the props iirc. Was deemed an accident altogether. We probably wouldn’t even be charged seeing as how this trial was clearly politically motivated and we’re not as openly political as Alec is(and again, it was a waste of taxpayer dollars)

It’s a silly thing to say though because when would one of us be f***ing around with a prop gun on a movie set? If we were f***ing around with a real gun in our house and it discharged and killed somebody then yeah sure we would get charged but I think you know that would be a disingenuous apples to oranges comparison here. Or at least I’d hope you could see that. I think reasonable people do.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I dislike Baldwin and feel that he bears some responsibility, but the integrity of our legal system is more important than justice at any cost. Too many people these days think that the ends justify the means and that's something that I strongly oppose.

Reactions: kihei and CDJ

John Price

Sep 19, 2008
Yeah like I said, the only people who actually believe he should’ve been imprisoned for this wanted it because he made fun of their god king. If you polled them I bet that’s like 90% true.

He’s an undeniable asshole (again, just see the voicemail he left his daughter) but he shouldn’t have been locked up for this. Civil lawsuit yes, negligent manslaughter charges for the person on set actually responsible for the gun yes, but lock him for manslaughter no. This has happened before, people forget that.

And for the record I can name like 1 Alec Baldwin movie, not a fan (just looked it up and the last movie I’ve seen of his is the departed which I forgot he was in lol). I certainly don’t think his case should be dismissed “because I like his movies”….it should be dismissed because it was a politically motivated piece of crap. A waste of taxpayer dollars
I think this is what I was trying to say a few pages back, his beliefs had nothing to do with me not liking him. He was always a pompous ass to his kids and to people in general. And then people fawned all over him, give me a break. Oh he was so good on 30 rock. Nah. So I wouldn't have minded seeing him go to jail for 18 months and now that the judge has thrown this case out I really don't care much about him other than hoping he has to pay out the civil case

Fine, he had one good appearance on the Simpsons but that's it

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ok don’t, and I will continue to not take those seriously who defend this asshole
You’re taking this way too personally - willfully dishonest to call him a thug like he’s some lunatic out there trying to kill or rob people..

Asshole? Sure. Thug? Get real.

I don’t even want to defend him, I don’t like him. Irrational #takez are making me do it. Like if you guys want to take a steaming dump on the legal system and are ok with politically-motivated prosecutors blatantly attempting to cheat a trial then by all means, be my guest. I think we should try to avoid those instances personally.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The fact that the prosecution felt they had to cheat to win this case is quite telling isn't it?

It's possible the armorer, who deserved to go to jail for this, might get off now. It's almost impressive to push so hard to punish the wrong person that you end up undoing the justice that had already been served.
It was never about actually getting “justice” but I think we at least understand that

It’s a damn shame too because that armorer really should be held responsible.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think this is what I was trying to say a few pages back, his beliefs had nothing to do with me not liking him. He was always a pompous ass to his kids and to people in general. And then people fawned all over him, give me a break. Oh he was so good on 30 rock. Nah. So I wouldn't have minded seeing him go to jail for 18 months and now that the judge has thrown this case out I really don't care much about him other than hoping he has to pay out the civil case

Fine, he had one good appearance on the Simpsons but that's it
Complete jackass, i dont think he’s particularly talented. Shouldn’t go to jail for this and don’t see how an unbiased person would think he should.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
If we were nobody actors on the set I genuinely do not think anything would happen to us-for instance I don’t think *any* criminal charges were filed against anybody in Brandon Lee’s death. Not even the person responsible for the props iirc. Was deemed an accident altogether. We probably wouldn’t even be charged seeing as how this trial was clearly politically motivated and we’re not as openly political as Alec is(and again, it was a waste of taxpayer dollars)

It’s a silly thing to say though because when would one of us be f***ing around with a prop gun on a movie set? If we were f***ing around with a real gun in our house and it discharged and killed somebody then yeah sure we would get charged but I think you know that would be a disingenuous apples to oranges comparison here. Or at least I’d hope you could see that. I think reasonable people do.

You’re taking this way too personally - willfully dishonest to call him a thug like he’s some lunatic out there trying to kill or rob people..

Asshole? Sure. Thug? Get real.
You make it sound as though he was simply an actor given a prop, his negligence in many areas that ultimately led to this incident has been pretty well documented and yet even in most recent interviews has continued to cry like a bitch about how he did nothing wrong. He's been absolutely insufferable throughout this process as he has for his entire career. Dude deadass said “I didn’t pull the trigger I have no idea how the bullet came out” lmao. If the worst thing that happens to him for this is some dude calls him a thug on the internet he’ll have gotten off lighter than 99% of people

Reactions: John Price

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You make it sound as though he was simply an actor given a prop, his negligence in many areas that ultimately led to this incident has been pretty well documented and yet even in most recent interviews has continued to cry like a bitch about how he did nothing wrong. He's been absolutely insufferable throughout this process as he has for his entire career. Dude deadass said “I didn’t pull the trigger I have no idea how the bullet came out” lmao. If the worst thing that happens to him for this is some dude calls him a thug on the internet he’ll have gotten off lighter than 99% of people
Ah he should go to jail for being insufferable. Hate to break it to ya but our jails would be even more overcrowded than they currently are. Hell a lot of people on this site wouldn’t be posting unless granted internet access for good behavior.

And I really don’t think that last part of your last sentence is true, I think you’re just saying that but there’s really no proof of that. Chances are we wouldn’t even be prosecuted- because again this was clearly political and it’s already happened in Hollywood with a far lesser actor not being charged! Like what do you think the merits of the charges are if the prosecution has to try to blatantly cheat the legal system to win? This wasn’t some “technicality” like some of you are trying to write it off as, it’s corrupt bullshit.

He will fork over a good chunk of change and will have to live with the guilt of this incident. He’s saying dumb shit since because killing somebody is hard to reconcile with if you’re not a psychopath. Denial is a stage of grief after all. Jail time would be dumb for anybody other than the armorer responsible for the actual gun.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Technicality implies a clerical error or getting off on something not matieral to the case. Prosecution buried pretty damning exculpatory evidence that likely would have led to charges being dropped anyway.
The reasons are way above my pay grade, but it seems like the dismissal was more to do with the appearance of how the prosecution was acting no? All that I've read about these bullets is very confusing to me in terms of what it's supposed to be/not be and prove/not prove. I don't care enough to really find out (like some folks sure seem to), but this judge thought it was enough to say you're screwing up a very simple thing here and the case is already flimsy, get out of here.

That's what I mean by a technicality. That it's not that they found something that proves he wasn't even on set that day. Just that some piece of evidence that may or may not have anything to do with this trial (since it was from a different trial) appeared to be hidden from the defense. I wouldn't be surprised if I misunderstood what these bullets were though(you seem to feel they were a bigger thing than I understand them to be).

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
"The state's wilful withholding of this information was intentional and deliberate," she said from the bench. "There is no way for the court to right this wrong."

I mean that’s pretty damning. Prosecution wouldn’t have done that if they didn’t think they needed to. Honestly people should be disgusted by this kind of stuff. Total waste of taxpayer dollars.

Last edited:

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
"The state's wilful withholding of this information was intentional and deliberate," she said from the bench. "There is no way for the court to right this wrong."

I mean that’s pretty damning
Yeah but who did this judge vote for right? That's all that matters these days it feels like. /s

Reactions: CDJ

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Ah he should go to jail for being insufferable.
No, he should go to jail because

his negligence in many areas that ultimately led to this incident has been pretty well documented
I’m not really sure why you’re continuing to choose to ignore this and act like it’s simple as people are going after an actor who shot a gun he believed was a prop gun for political reasons but if you choose to ignore that then I guess your take on this situation makes sense. The prosecution was definitely incompetent but that really doesn’t change what happened here

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No, he should go to jail because

I’m not really sure why you’re continuing to choose to ignore this and act like it’s simple as people are going after an actor who shot a gun he believed was a prop gun for political reasons but if you choose to ignore that then I guess your take on this situation makes sense. The prosecution was definitely incompetent but that really doesn’t change what happened here
They weren’t “incompetent”, they maliciously withheld evidence to try and further their political agenda lmao

Turns out I was 100% right about what was happening a few weeks back on the last page and you’re just coping tbh

Again the armorer is the one who should be held responsible and she was. And now maybe that will be put in jeopardy, so great work all around

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
They weren’t “incompetent”, they maliciously withheld evidence to try and further their political agenda lmao

Turns out I was 100% right about what was happening a few weeks back on the last page and you’re just coping tbh

Again the armorer is the one who should be held responsible and she was. And now maybe that will be put in jeopardy, so great work all around
If you’re going to continue to just flat out ignore everything he did leading up to this and just focus on the incompetence of the prosecution (as if anyone on here is defending them) not only is there no conversation to be had but you’re as biased as you’re accusing other people of being

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad