Blue Jays GDT: *ALCS GM 3* vs CLE | Mon, Oct 17 | 8pm ET/5pm PT | Bauer vs Stroman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Noting reality is "irrational overreaction"?

I asked a question. Why should we expect the next 14 ABs to be any different than the last 60-70 where we've scored exactly 2 runs on two solo HRs and have gone 1-21 with RISP?

Uh...

Because the past isn't always indicative of the future? I mean with that logic why bother playing a 7 game series? This should have been over when Cleveland won the first game.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Because the past isn't always indicative of the future? I mean with that logic why bother playing a 7 game series? This should have been over when Cleveland won the first game.

Of course it's not always indicative of the future, but it's usually a pretty good indicator... :dunno:

And again, it's the extreme and recent nature of the past, with a pretty good sample size. It's not like I'm saying 20 ABs is a good indicator of the next 20 years...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Get this man some runs.

Bats+Shocked.jpg

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
Noting reality is "irrational overreaction"?

Acting as if this game is over at this stage is an overreaction, yes.

Answer: because we're against the dregs of the bullpen; because one swing right now can tie the game, because past precedence is not indicative of what will happen in the future.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
"50,000 people here know how big this game is"

Well, not quiet sure our team knows how important ALCS's are, let alone this single game

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Acting as if this game is over at this stage is an overreaction, yes.

Answer: because we're against the dregs of the bullpen; because one swing right now can tie the game, because past precedence is not indicative of what will happen in the future.

They literally have their two best bullpen arms coming up in 3 outs.

"dregs of the bullpen" lirl

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Offense has hit a brick wall.

That inning where we had three straight pop ups sums up the series so far lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad