Alberta Public Enemy # 1- Nikita Zadorov

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I mean, he's just stating facts. I don't see any malice in it.
Where did anyone say it was malice?

It's self interest.

Zadorov just wants the most money. He's typically wanted more than his worth.

I suspect he ends up on another non playoff this offseason unless the Canucks are dumb enough to overpay for a playoff performance he will never repeat.

Reactions: North Cole

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
First Lucic and now Zadorov saying the Oilers rules Alberta... guess even the players see it.

Not really surprising, the Flames have never had an extended period of greatness over their history. They've been generally competitive a few times, but they only had one cup win while the Oilers had a dynasty and twice the best player in the world.

It's just harder to see when the Oilers are irrelevant.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Big Z continues to lay the body on Alberta.

If you recall, earlier in the playoffs he expressed that Edmonton has a great building and fan base because there's nothing else to do in Edmonton.

Yesterday, unprovoked, he said there's nothing like playing in Vancouver that he can compare with, he said "maybe Calgary, but Calgary isnt event the number 1 team in Alberta"

Haha now this is the personality I love. Just messing with people for absolutely no reason.

“It’s a fine city. Parts of it. There’s kinda a stench, idk. The barbers- bad barber city. All the dogs are ugly, which is weird. The people aren’t embarrassed about how they look. I didn’t say they should be, why would you read into that?”

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I honestly don't think there's a single person in Edmonton that cares what Zadorov thinks :laugh:

Reactions: BB79

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
This guy is doing everything he can to get the Canucks to give him 6M and they're going to do it too. And Edmonton and Calgary are going to laugh and laugh.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I doubt most Edmonton fans care but at the same time, haven't we wanted exactly this from players? I love he's completely nonchalant and just says what's on his mind. I'd say the same thing if he was taking digs at Vancouver.

Hell of a lot better than "gotta get pucks deep" and "they're really talented over there." every single interview.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
I doubt most Edmonton fans care but at the same time, haven't we wanted exactly this from players? I love he's completely nonchalant and just says what's on his mind. I'd say the same thing if he was taking digs at Vancouver.

Hell of a lot better than "gotta get pucks deep" and "they're really talented over there." every single interview.
He's a great quote. League needs more players to not give the hockey answers all the time.

Oilers fans don't need to reflect on it as it's more an attempt to adhere himself to Vancouver fans than taking a shot at you. It's innocent banter at the very worst.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Being an asshole =/= being entertaining. You can give a good interview and still be a decent person.

It’s one thing to take shots at Edmonton, a team you were competing against. It seems odd to be taking shots at the fanbase in Calgary that spent nearly 3 seasons cheering for him.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
The reason NHL players show zero personality is because everyone gets so riled up about a little trash talk.

If these players showed half the personality of an NBA or NFL player this board would have a jammer.

It's not like he's saying Edmontonians are trash people, or Calgarians suck, he's just doing a bit of ribbing.

Reactions: EpochLink

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad