GDT: Aisles @ Haves: Game 3 - October 14, 2024 7:00pm MT (Canadian Turkey Day edition)

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Bednar certainly can't go back to Georgiev next game. With Kahkonen coming in he should sit at least the next 4 (2 each for the others).

If he doesn't comply, simply waive Georgiev. This mess is in CMac's hands more than anything
Oh for sure he will. Not only that Bedsy will praise Georgiev for his efforts.

Reactions: The Moops

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
l
Three games in and one of the stars is saying things like: “it’s hard to keep the confidence level high,” “we can still turn things around but it’ll need to be quick,” “we can’t feel sorry for ourselves,” etc.

**** me.

This season is giving serious dejavus to our historically shit season.

Saying 92 isn't part of is the problem is just disingenuous. 7M we couldn't use, again. Who knows when the f*** he ever plays.

It's a completely different problem from 13 but saying it's not a problem it's just a flat lie.

I'm not mad at 92, like I'm with 13, but it's still a f***ing problem.

92 is a problem and I am the biggest fan of him. He makes planning anything impossible, because he is coming back yet he never does. It's freaking frustrating and messes up with the team.

Reactions: chet1926

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
You guys are forgetting that we’re missing 3 great two way wingers who are 3 of the best defensive forwards in the league. No team can over come that

Getting Lehky, Val and Landy back is far more important than having a good goalie. We can have Shesterkin or Vasilevskiy in net, but without those 3 players we won’t do shit

What’s the worst that can happen if Drouin misses games? We’ll just have 4 top 6 forwards out. No big deal because we’ll just keep blaming Georgiev for losses

I don’t care what numbers Georgiev puts up. He can go stretches where he puts up 900 or better save percentage and we’ll still lose games if we have that many top forwards out of the lineup. Eventually you need to score goals to win games. MacK and Mikko need to play 40 minutes a game

I’d assume if we had Landy, Val, Lehky and their defensive abilities, it would cut this goals against by couple. Goaltending sucks yes, but so is missing all those guys

Face it folks. We really gonna have hard time winning games until we get players back

I think you’re underestimating the impact of missing those guys. They don’t just provide offense but they’re great defensive forwards who would help preventing some of this goals against. Even if goaltending still sucks, having those guys in the lineup will win us games where right now I’m not sure where the wins gonna come from

We had the same goaltending last regular season, but we had Val and Lehky in the lineup and we won games

Smallest of things can make a difference and win games. All I know is we are missing 4 top 6 forwards and no team in the league can over come that

Getting those 4 players back will make a huge difference where we’ll actually win games even with bad goaltending. There is bad goaltending throughout the league it’s not just the Avs

If we have Lehky, Val, Drouin and Landy back, or even if not Landy for little while longer, just having those other 3 back will mean the Avs will control the game more, will allow less scoring chances against because again, those players we are missing are top defensive forwards, specially Lehky and Val. Even with bad goaltending that should eliminate some of this goals against and result in wins. Look what lineup we have out there and combine that with bad goaltending, no surprise at all we’re losing

I wasn’t worried before the season started, but after this 2 games, even though it’s only 2 games, I am kinda worried. We are talking no Lehky until at least end of October, no Val until mid November, and god knows when Landy is coming back. I really don’t know how we gonna win enough games to stay a float until everyone comes back. Vegas missed the playoffs because they had too many injuries. I won’t be surprised if we did too

Our forward group will be fine if we get Lehky, Val, Landy and Drouin back. I just don’t get how people are surprised we are losing games with that many key players out. We are missing four top 6 forwards for god’s sake. Just go over the names we are missing in your head and you’ll realize why we are losing.

It’s not just scoring though. If we had a full lineup, it would be a different game. We’d have more offensive possession, less defensive breakdowns etc… we are missing top defensive forwards who would not only provide offense, but significantly help defensively. Even if Georgiev still sucked, we’d still give up less goals which would lead to wins. We could cover up our goaltending issues with a full lineup, something we can’t do right now

Georgiev hasn’t even been too bad. He hasn’t been perfect but not as bad as the last 2 games. We just can’t win games with so many players out of the lineup

Landy
Lehky
Val
Drouin
Toews

This guys may have helped if they were in the lineup:sarcasm:

There is no point in singling out players saying it’s their fault when the whole team plays without confidence. This team is just gonna go through a big struggle until they get players back. It is what it is and we just have to live with it as fans

I haven't really seen anyone disagree with your point so idk why you're pushing it so hard. The only argument I can think of against that is that maybe we win one or two of those games with all those players out if the team didn't get deflated by the softest goals ever. So yes I agree, the team will look better when all these players come back. Maybe even make the playoffs, but they wont go anywhere in the playoffs with this goaltending even with a fully healthy roster though (which wont happen).

Reactions: LurkerMcgee

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Pardon my language, but ...

chris-rock-huh.gif

... is all i have to say/ask about this glorious start to the season!

JustPenalties

Jan 17, 2024
Do you honestly think that getting Landy back is somehow going to be the thing that makes a difference and everything is so much better after that? How many players have made a comeback after 2 season or more? I love the guy but c'mon, I dont really see him being a great player anymore.. sadly

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Do you honestly think that getting Landy back is somehow going to be the thing that makes a difference and everything is so much better after that? How many players have made a comeback after 2 season or more? I love the guy but c'mon, I dont really see him being a great player anymore.. sadly
I honestly think Nichushkin is the straw that stirs the drink. Look at the Avs record with vs. without him, it's astounding. He delivers offensively, and defensively in a way that no one else can.

My bigger concern is on the defensive side of things right now. Makar is making mistakes that you wouldn't expect a Norris candidate to make. Hopefully he figures it out sooner than later.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
I honestly think Nichushkin is the straw that stirs the drink. Look at the Avs record with vs. without him, it's astounding. He delivers offensively, and defensively in a way that no one else can.

My bigger concern is on the defensive side of things right now. Makar is making mistakes that you wouldn't expect a Norris candidate to make. Hopefully he figures it out sooner than later.
Nuke is rhe most valuable player to the team

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
This team really sold it's soul for the cup in 2022. I think by game 10 or so, the concern level will be very high. Just seems like we have so many issues to overcome. With so many new players in the lineup, I just want to see any resemblance of chemistry and cohesiveness. This team is missing Landy in the worst way again.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't have timestamps, but there were a number of good scoring chances that he denied. In particular early in the third there was a play where the puck came right to an Islander between the circles and he pushed out and punched the puck out to the half boards.

Some of those goals just plain were not his fault either. The first Nelson goal was entirely on Kylington for waving at the puck while skating backwards instead of of trying to force him to the outside. If you give a good NHL shooter that much time and space to deke in front of your net, that's not on your goalie. Ditto the Duclair goal. If Makar is covering the front of the net there, Duclair has to shovel it on net right away instead of making the extra move. Unless Georgiev grows an extra leg in a half second he isn't making that save.
Kylington's defending was horrific, yet look at what Georgiev did on that goal. He was flailing forward. Nelson had the entire net to shoot at. Then he doesn't even move on Nelson's 2nd goal.

Then look at Sorokin in the 2nd late when we are pushing and how big of a save he made on Ludvig who had even more time than Nelson did.

That's the difference right now. Even if the Avs put up 4 goals like they did in their first two games, opposition goalies are still making more big saves than Georgiev is.

The fact that we're waiting until the 3rd when we're down 4-1 to reference a big save he made is testament enough.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
George has zero confidence right now and all of his play symbolizes that. I also have no idea what he is being taught technique wise. His lunges for poke checks were stupid. His defending the post is taught to 9 year olds. This screams as a guy who is just mentally broken. You can see moments of his athletic ability coming through, but even a blind squirrel.

This game should have simply been a 3-2 loss for the Avs. They weren't winning with their game last night even with good goaltending. George still gave up 5, and Roy really throttled back his team in the 3rd to protect the lead.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I think there's a very real possibility we have already seen Makars peak around 21' and 22' and we may be seeing the slight regression before the plateau effect.

Similar to Doughty who came into the league simply dominant and kinda peaked early but still levelled off to a very very good dman for a long time but not that generational type that we saw in the first few years.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Well a good game by Georgiev. Not so much by the defense.
Brethren, half of the goals were his fault, especially the first goal. The problem isn't necessarily the number of goals he's letting in, but more the timing of the goals. Mentality plays a big part in hockey and when you're always fighting from behind like him allowing the first goal of the game last night, that kills your confidence supremely. The same goes for Annunen, though he's coming in cold, that game against CBJ he let in the first shot of the game right after your team tied it. It's brutal stuff fam.

Reactions: missionAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad