GDT: Aisles @ Haves: Game 3 - October 14, 2024 7:00pm MT (Canadian Turkey Day edition)

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
Landeskog is on the exact timeline he's supposed to be on.

Imagine being mad at a guy who had bone on bone with no cartilage, played through insane pain to win us a cup, and tried WITHOUT cartilage for a whole year to come back before getting this experimental surgery in order to try coming back to us as best he can.
Come back to this comment when he never plays again. Or plays for 5 games then goes ltir for the rest of his contract becaus he won’t give up robbing the team of money when he can’t admit it’s over. Sorry this comment is :eek::eek::eek::eek:y I’m having an emotional reaction to realizing this team is similar if not worse the the blues cup team that turned into absolute diarrhea after a cup win.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Imagine being mad at a guy who had bone on bone with no cartilage, played through insane pain to win us a cup, and tried WITHOUT cartilage for a whole year to come back before getting this experimental surgery in order to try coming back to us as best he can.
Guys take the rose colored glasses off, please. What he did in 2022 was amazing we don't win without him.

But that was 2022. It's almost 2025 and he hasn't played since. Saying that this ordeal hasn't hurt the team is completely disingenuous.

I'm not mad at his effort to come back. I'm mad at the situation, it's not good for the team, it's not helping the team in any way. It's not his fault that he got hurt, but this 3 years of maybe is a problem that effects the team negatively.

Reactions: drhiii and katfude

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He has no timeline so I guess that's technically correct?

According to Montano he used to skate every day but they haven't seen him skating in over a month. Must be part of the timeline.

Reactions: chet1926

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

According to Montano he used to skate every day but they haven't seen him skating in over a month. Must be part of the timeline.

Them not seeing him skate doesn’t mean he’s not skating. He previously stopped skating in front of the media and did it behind closed doors because of all the clips and comments about his every movement.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Guys take the rose colored glasses off, please. What he did in 2022 was amazing we don't win without him.

But that was 2022. It's almost 2025 and he hasn't played since. Saying that this ordeal hasn't hurt the team is completely disingenuous.

I'm not mad at his effort to come back. I'm mad at the situation, it's not good for the team, it's not helping the team in any way. It's not his fault that he got hurt, but this 3 years of maybe is a problem that effects the team negatively.
You lumped him in with Nichushkin. That's why people are jumping down your throat.

He had surgery 2 months after Lonzo Ball, and we know he's been skating. He's probably doing the exact thing he was last season where the Avs were protective of where he'd be skating. Likely even more so now that he's inching closer to a return.

You can say that because nobody is reporting on him skating he must not be skating. I can say that because nobody is reporting on him having a setback, he must not have had any setbacks at all. Works in the exact same way.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Of course Landy’s absence has hurt the team, but his issues are not the same as Nuke’s. It is also unreasonable to expect him to retire before giving it every shot.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
You lumped him in with Nichushkin. That's why people are jumping down your throat.

He had surgery 2 months after Lonzo Ball, and we know he's been skating. He's probably doing the exact thing he was last season where the Avs were protective of where he'd be skating. Likely even more so now that he's inching closer to a return.

You can say that because nobody is reporting on him skating he must not be skating. I can say that because nobody is reporting on him having a setback, he must not have had any setbacks at all. Works in the exact same way.
Fact: he never had a timeline and the team keeps repeating it. Him and Ball are 2 different men playing two different sports.
Fact: he was skating at the Ball arena and he no longer does it, nobody knows why
Speculation: he has the same timeline as Ball and everything is fine
Speculation: he's skating elsewhere

Surely you know the difference between those 2 things

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Fact: he never had a timeline and the team keeps repeating it. Him and Ball are 2 different men playing two different sports.
Fact: he was skating at the Ball arena and he no longer does it, nobody knows why
Speculation: he has the same timeline as Ball and everything is fine
Speculation: he's skating elsewhere

Surely you know the difference between those 2 things
Fact: He had the EXACT same surgery as Lonzo Ball
Fact: The timeline for recovery is 12-16 months
Fact: Lonzo Ball is debuting this Wednesday for the Chicago Bulls, 18 months after his surgery
Fact: The Avalanche have not announced a setback for Gabriel Landeskog, nor has Landeskog himself announced any setback.

Surely you can just assume, then, that he stopped skating because he must not be able to right?

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
It’s a damn shame rewl
sns po
Fact: He had the EXACT same surgery as Lonzo Ball
Fact: The timeline for recovery is 12-16 months
Fact: Lonzo Ball is debuting this Wednesday for the Chicago Bulls, 18 months after his surgery
Fact: The Avalanche have not announced a setback for Gabriel Landeskog, nor has Landeskog himself announced any setback.

Surely you can just assume, then, that he stopped skating because he must not be able to right?
fact. Pretending he can be a pro hockey player after this surgery is hurting the team he pretends to be a part of is killing the teammates chances of ever winning again

Reactions: drhiii

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
A role? Lol. He's absolutely destroyed the morale of this team. They are playing like a bunch of guys who f***ing hate each other and are forced to accept a crackhead laughing at them by contract.
Saying 92 isn't part of is the problem is just disingenuous. 7M we couldn't use, again. Who knows when the f*** he ever plays.

It's a completely different problem from 13 but saying it's not a problem it's just a flat lie.

I'm not mad at 92, like I'm with 13, but it's still a f***ing problem.
Sir, you provoked a response with your observations, which I 100000% agree with. Beg my pardon for launching on the heels of your post, which I agree with wholeheartedly.

To the rest, skip the following. SKIP THE FOLLOWING. Been warned.

Was going to stay mums but you hit on a major part of it. The camel thru eye of a needle is easier than the construct of excuses this team is operating under. Nuke blowing up this team, twice… Landy as much as I would love for him to come back, the eternal excuses that led to mums-ing any response about his potential return awhile ago… the perpetual excuses about george’s play, Cmac and Bednar’s endless tap dancing instead of being honest around explosions in your face issues…. this team is a hot mess of cock and bull dodge ball where straight talk was needed the first time nuke blew himself up.

As much as I want to drink from the Cup again (by correct, proper invitation incl to the Hockey Hall of Fame permission), this dodge and weaving and I’ll say it, dishonest style by the powers… I soon will hope some of the star players opt away. Makar to Calgary. Mac to a winner. george to Dinamo (sick allegory). Talent is getting wasted and it is a shame. Not for lack of trying. But for lack of honesty. I am not down with this latter caudling effusive aka Bednar and company style. Barely worked once. Ain’t working now. Be honest or this team is hurdling to laughing stock territory.

You cannot excuse behaviors and realities (status of cartilage transplant is an awesome prospect, but be honest ffs) into winning in case one hasn’t noticed. This honesty sheit should have been addressed over a year ago.

Since no one has asked me shocker, I’ll say it… there is no way in the universe I would let nuke anywhere near this team ever again after his Seattle romp I don’t care what his salary or skillsets are. Once burned, TWICE now? I mean… how much poison do you want to put in the team’s drinking water?

The media is sheit in this too. Asking the hard driving questions? Don’t insult.

Am saddened. And would love to be wrong about this caudling dodging dishonest style of leadership being the correct way towards an elite, winning team. Others can fill in the rest. I do the Piraat and get behind this team if they can congeal into a winning construct. Because it means players have found a way to come together. If they don't... I have some dart board targets to give away for free.

Have exhausted my once yearly boring as sheit leadership launch, mebbe.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Infuriating that we finally get some big saves out of our goalie, and the team in front of him leaves him twisting in the wind all night.

Ludvig at least was a pleasant surprise. I like his skating. Kylington, on the other hand, was hauntingly bad. He made Mark Barberio look like Ray Bourque out there.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Infuriating that we finally get some big saves out of our goalie, and the team in front of him leaves him twisting in the wind all night.

Ludvig at least was a pleasant surprise. I like his skating. Kylington, on the other hand, was hauntingly bad. He made Mark Barberio look like Ray Bourque out there.
What big saves did we get?

Scoring chances were 21-19 Islanders and high danger chances were 11-10 Islanders after 20, and we were down 4-1.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I really think the goaltending is fking this team mentally.

I've always hated the impact on the team when the goalie isn't trusted. You get limited creativity mixed with bad creativity because of a tight grip on the stick.

If I was running a team, I'd have zero patience for a goalie letting in bad goals. So.. Georgie saves the ones he should tonight, but doesn't make the extra save. I think he owes now, I think if he comes up, it changes the game.

For me the goalie needs to be average, and then have the up and down, not shit and then average.

I'd be absolutely brutal in this situation and waive Georgie and run with the rookie and the waiver pickup.

Just go with the young, and the wild card, because the team doesn't need the trust battle of a shit f*** starter that doesn't take responsibility and his good performance isn't anything extra. It's the NHL.

Team, get used to playing well defensively or you will not win. The extra save isn't there. That's life. But trash, then bare minimum from a veteran is just going to f*** your team up mentally.

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
What big saves did we get?

Scoring chances were 21-19 Islanders and high danger chances were 11-10 Islanders after 20, and we were down 4-1.
Isn’t it funny or ironic that this team is missing nuke….when it seems this team should be nuked. Bombs away for everyone except who is responsible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad