Ahl.tv moving to FloSports

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
FloHockey is now offering (for "a limited time") 15% discounts on annual subscriptions. Have to believe that they didn't get the desired uptake from former AHLtv subscribers. I paid the full shot on AHL opening day and am asking for a retroactive discount.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Any viewer feedback on the first 2 weeks of the Flo-AHL partnership? 🖥️ 📲
I went overboard and "favorited" every team my fav NHL/AHL team has a prospect on. Harder to find the AHL team in that list to get to today's game. (But I do have options if I want to watch some hockey.) And the logo is extremely small in the favorite icon list (plus they use an old jersey color for placard that hasn't been used in years so it is sometimes really easy to "skip" it when scrolling. I did finally realize they have the list alphabetized). When searching for team, you need to reference city and nickname (not league), e.g., Sudbury Wolves (not OHL Wolves or OHL Sudbury). If you do a favorites list, it is much easier to set up on computer via browser than TV/phone using app.

My fav AHL team starts pregame 30 minutes before the hour/half of game start. FloSports is often minutes late starting feed. (Even if they "start" the stream a few minutes before with "event starting soon" graphic.)

Multiple times/game the feed has just dropped out and you get the "technical difficulties" screen. Sometimes it's just a couple of seconds, but other have been minutes. Very frustrating especially when there was a about to be a SOG/potential goal, etc. Unclear if that's a FS issue, internet hiccup, venue issue or broadcast team problem.

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
I've noticed more "technical difficulties" than with the standalone AHLtv. Stream quality is the same from last year (i.e. no HD at most arenas I've watched). Having access to the rest of the Flo catalog isn't a real big bonus, either, as there isn't much I'm interested in. Maybe I'll use it more as the seasons change & I'm indoors more during winter. Overall, neither positive or negative at this point, except the price increase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad