Ahl.tv moving to FloSports

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Full ice press by Flo. Wondering whether they'll raise subscription prices to include AHL games, or offer AHLTV as a stand-alone streaming product. :confused:

Reactions: swansonsays

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
FloHockey price is already more than the single team, full season package, that I buy. I really have no interest in other leagues or other teams. Hope it remains a stand alone.

Edit = If it improves the 90's dial up level picture quality to something resembling low end HD it might be worth it. AHLtv video quality on anything bigger than a tablet is terrible.

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Annual Subscription is set for Auto-Renewal on 8/31/24 so I hope more details will be provided before then so I can determine whether to keep or not.

Reactions: Roadhog and JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... Edit = If it improves the 90's dial up level picture quality to something resembling low end HD it might be worth it. AHLtv video quality on anything bigger than a tablet is terrible.
Your description: "resembling low end HD" is the best comparison I've seen for typical FloHockey stream quality. The only lingering annoyance I've had with the services is their very clumsy wireless connection routine to watch the stream on my smart TV. As usual, proprietary tech is NOT consumer-friendly. :whatever:

• Haha
Reactions: swansonsays

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
AIUI not all AHL rinks have HD cameras/equipment. So that would need to be updated to improve picture quality. Don't know that service provider has much impact on quality of image if they get low quality feed.

(Not to mention upping rink lighting to better show play)

NorthStar

Dec 24, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Curious if the Free AHL game of the week event will still continue or what? Just wondering as to that in effect with this...

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Curious if the Free AHL game of the week event will still continue or what? Just wondering as to that in effect with this...
I wondered the same thing when I heard Flo was taking over. They'd seem to get little if any benefit from providing even a weekly game for no charge.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
With the explosion of FAST streaming channels I wonder if leagues like the AHL might be a good source of fresh content. I can't imagine that AHL TV brought in boatloads of money, might be more profitable to put it up on Roku Sports or whatever and sell the advertising. Even if it's just a few games a week.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
ahltv.com is advertising "summer" rates for access.

Still waiting for official notification of pricing. Usually renew "automatically" around start of September, but no email has been received.

Perhaps release tomorrow (or Tuesday after holiday)?

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... Still waiting for official notification of pricing. Usually renew "automatically" around start of September, but no email has been received. ...
I hope your version of "automatically" is the user-initiated kind. FloHockey.tv has an historically itchy trigger finger. 🤠

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Hopefully the experience stays more or less the same, i’ve always been very, very impressed with using the AHLtv app and especially their customer service.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00