Age of Mythology: Retold officially released. New DLC Immortal Pillars Teaser just released September 26th 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Age of Mythology Retold - Freyr Gods pack.png

Age of Mythology Retold - Freyr - Minor God path.png

Age of Mythology Retold - Freyr - Gullinbursti.png

Age of Mythology Retold - Ullr - Draugr.png

Age of Mythology Retold - Aegir - Rock Giant.png

Age of Mythology Retold - Vidar - Fafnir.png

Age of Mythology Retold - Vidar - Inferno.png

Those are images from stuff that belongs to the Freyr god pack that is part of Premium Edition and upgrade versions.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I've been playing this for the past week. As much as I loved the AoE games, I couldn't get into AoM in 2002 because I prefer history to mythology and the switch to 3D felt a little jarring to me at the time. So, this is my first time playing it past the first few missions and I'm enjoying it more than I expected to. The story is meh, but the gameplay is good. I'm still not really keen on the supernatural stuff, but have been surprised to discover that it's largely optional when it comes to the campaign and I can play it more like AoE if I wish (ex. by building traditional units that I'm used to and not bothering with god powers). I have been dabbling in the supernatural stuff more as I've gotten more comfortable with it, though.

Overall, I'm finally starting to understand why this game is beloved. Having the remaster helps, and it's a really good one. I've played through the Definition Editions of AoE and AoE II and this is just as good and looks and plays just like them. It's definitely the definitive edition of the game, even if they gave it a different name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad