Value of: Adam Pelech or Ryan Pulock

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
I could see either being moved this offseason - neither quite meshed with Roy’s system as well as they did with Trotz.

Our biggest need is a top 6 winger, but potentially one that is comfortable on the PK.

Both players have NTCs, so going to a rebuilder is unlikely. Pelech is from Toronto and Pulock is from Manitoba.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Marner for Both?

Obviously this would just the the base, but I think it could make sense for both teams. Especially if the islanders can add a dman.

Marner (extended) for Pelech, Pageau, Iskhakov, TBL 1st.
This is a trade I would make, and I bet they both waive to go to Toronto too. Would represent a seismic shift in Isles culture and would open up 2 D spots for players Roy might have a say in.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Marner (extended) for Pelech, Pageau, Iskhakov, TBL 1st.

Lou would have to have a ton of dirt on Shanahan and Berube to get that trade done.

Trading Pulock to Winnipeg makes sense from an Isles POV. To be honest, no idea if Winnipeg would want him or for what type of return.

Isles are stuck, I could see Pageau being moved either for a mid-round pick or along with draft picks for a player to play in the bottom 6 for the Isles. MOAR GRITZZZZ

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I could see either being moved this offseason - neither quite meshed with Roy’s system as well as they did with Trotz.

Our biggest need is a top 6 winger, but potentially one that is comfortable on the PK.

Both players have NTCs, so going to a rebuilder is unlikely. Pelech is from Toronto and Pulock is from Manitoba.
Arent they both long contracts pushing 30+?

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Arent they both long contracts pushing 30+?

Yeah. That being said, at worst they're 2nd pairing d-men (with Pulock first or second PP, Pelech PK) long term under 6.

In the case of Winnipeg, everyone save Morrissey is either a UFA or RFA this offseason or next. There's probably a bunch of teams that aren't willing to go into every season looking for a bargain and want some kind of stability in their top 4.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
I like Ehlers, but not if the cost is Pulock
Pulock is ridiculously under-valued by a few folks. Pelech is the one to go. Change of scenery and different style of play would benefit him. Utah has few defenseman under contract. Seems like a good spot. They have more picks than they would want to use and an expendable forward or two.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Pulock to WPG would be amazing…I’d start the offer with Ehlers + Heinola….

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
How about Hronek to Ducks, Zegras to Islanders and Pulock to Canucks? Hronek would need to be extended of course. Zegras though a centre could play wing but don't believe kills penalties. Hronek gives Ducks a top pairing RHD and Canucks have Hughes new partner. Maybe a tweak here and there but as a basis everyone get's what they need?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
How about Hronek to Ducks, Zegras to Islanders and Pulock to Canucks? Hronek would need to be extended of course. Zegras though a centre could play wing but don't believe kills penalties. Hronek gives Ducks a top pairing RHD and Canucks have Hughes new partner. Maybe a tweak here and there but as a basis everyone get's what they need?
No, we already have Pierre Engvall to play the pillow soft role and Mat Barzal for the looks. Zegras isn’t better then Horvat or Nelson at this point and he’s not going to play wing.

Pulock to WPG would be amazing…I’d start the offer with Ehlers + Heinola….
Personally there’s only one forward (not Ehlers) on Winnipeg I want and there’s no way you’re giving him up. Heinola also does nothing for the Isles except clog up a roster spot and cap space so you can keep him.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014

Then it’s solved, the Islanders will get Charlie McAvoy from Long Beach and Shane Pinto from Carle Place to fill those needs.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
No, we already have Pierre Engvall to play the pillow soft role and Mat Barzal for the looks. Zegras isn’t better then Horvat or Nelson at this point and he’s not going to play wing.

Personally there’s only one forward (not Ehlers) on Winnipeg I want and there’s no way you’re giving him up. Heinola also does nothing for the Isles except clog up a roster spot and cap space so you can keep him.
Ok…got me curious….which forward?….please say Appleton…:sarcasm:

You put Ehlers with Horvat and Barzal and you have a dangerous top line…as for Heinola, I find you’d want a D in return, but if not then what would you be looking for?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Ok…got me curious….which forward?….please say Appleton…:sarcasm:

You put Ehlers with Horvat and Barzal and you have a dangerous top line…as for Heinola, I find you’d want a D in return, but if not then what would you be looking for?
Nope, the ginger (with 2 first names) who scores goals like Ziggy Palffy did in the mid 90s for the Isles. Much better fit for Horvat and Barzal honestly.
As for Heinola, the Isles don’t need another bottom pairing/7th LHD with the emergence of Mike Reilly (who will be resigned) plus Pelech and Romanov on the left side as well.

Reactions: CanMerc

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
An extended Ehlers is more than enough. 0 interest in adding Heinola.
An extended Ehlers for Pulock would be a good trade for both teams.
Something like 7 x 7m.

What about KC for Pulock and a 1st in 2025?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Nope, the ginger (with 2 first names) who scores goals like Ziggy Palffy did in the mid 90s for the Isles. Much better fit for Horvat and Barzal honestly.
As for Heinola, the Isles don’t need another bottom pairing/7th LHD with the emergence of Mike Reilly (who will be resigned) plus Pelech and Romanov on the left side as well.
Who is that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad