Line Combos: Adam Fox's D Pairing

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Schneider has passed trouba on the depth chart

Jones is not going to walk into the rotation and start in the top 4

Now go ahead and piece this mess together how you want. Lindgren Schneider would be a disaster. The personnel on this team unfortunately points in one direction for the pairings based on what we have
If the problem is that we have to play Lindgren with Fox because anything else would be a [bigger] disaster, then it's pretty clear what the solution is.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Easy to say in a vacuum.

Harder when you realize you still have to ice two other pairs with the remaining d-men.

Lindgren - Schneider
Jones - Trouba

These are the stuff of nightmares.
Everyone suggesting Miller-Fox is doing so in the context that Lindgren is off the team. Literally 100%.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So who are you bringing in now to play in the top 4 LD? I keep asking this and no one can answer.
The answer is that it doesn't matter.

It's addition by subtraction. NHL pairs just about can't perform worse than those two did in the playoffs.

The Rangers were just about on the penalty kill when Lindgren-Fox were on the ice.

We talk about generational talents. Imagine a pair with Adam Fox on it that's that ineffective. Lindgren was generationally bad this past season.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The answer is that it doesn't matter.

It's addition by subtraction. NHL pairs just about can't perform wise than those two did in the playoffs.
It's not addition by subtraction when they would be left with 4 total defense that have played an NHL season in a top 6.

Jones isnt stepping into a top 4 role so you need another NHL level d that can play a top 4 role. Who?

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's not addition by subtraction when they would be left with 4 total defense that have played an NHL season in a top 6.

Jones isnt stepping into a top 4 role so you need another NHL level d that can play a top 4 role. Who?
It doesn't matter. Jones could not possibly be worse.

It matters in the sense that it's still a hole in the lineup, that's fair, but it's not a response to people who want to get rid of Lindgren.

He's in the 0th percentile of options.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I know Jones deserves a spot but Fox needs a tougher dman with him to fend of attacks on him. Lindgren does what he can but he's not much bigger than Fox. Miller and Schneider are a pairing, so it's likely back to Lindgren unfortunately, if it were up to me I'd be looking for a big mobile dman to play with Fox, but ofcourse at what cost and cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad