Value of: Adam Boqvist to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Kent Hughes hinted as wanting to make more "Kirby Dach"-like trades, meaning aiming for players in their early 20s that could surround current Montreal core group that is in that age range.

Montreal lacks in the RHD depth in its prospect pool and while I'd really like them to try to somehow trade down #5 or trade up #31-32 to get ASP or Tom Willander in this draft, if that is not possible I think a guy like Adam Boqvist could be a target.

With Jiricek coming up and now Severson/Gudbranson signed long term to big money, it doesn't make a lot of sense for Columbus to keep a 2,6 millions caphit Boqvist as a #7 if Jiricek makes the club.

Could something around #31-32 OA or a young forward (Mesar, Kidney, Farrell for example) make sense?

Fire away!

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
Wouldn't trade him if I'm the Blue Jackets unless it's an overpay. A late first and a A-B prospect doesn't seem enough unless they're high on one of Mesar or Farell.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
CBJ's are weakest down the middle yet you leave out Beck.
Beck is fine, around the same value as the other young forwards.

Kidney/Mesar were drafted as C/W as well, but could end up wingers for sure. Beck is a more surefire C, I agree.

Reactions: Grinner

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Is Boqvist still considered a high upside player? I was under the impression he's started to stagnate into like a fine top 6 puck mover whose weak defensively but correct me if wrong.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Is Boqvist still considered a high upside player? I was under the impression he's started to stagnate into like a fine top 6 puck mover whose weak defensively but correct me if wrong.

I thought he made good defensive strides the second half of the year when he came back from injury (he basically missed the first half). He's still only 22. I'd rather the Jackets keep him for now.

So, just in my opinion, the short answer is yes.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Beck is fine, around the same value as the other young forwards.

Kidney/Mesar were drafted as C/W as well, but could end up wingers for sure. Beck is a more surefire C, I agree.
Pretty sure Beck is worth a lot more than Boqvist right now, he's already outplayed his draft position I think. So yeah as a CBJ fan I'd do Boqvist for Beck straight up but I don't think it's realistic.

Reactions: Tanknation

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Pretty sure Beck is worth a lot more than Boqvist right now, he's already outplayed his draft position I think. So yeah as a CBJ fan I'd do Boqvist for Beck straight up but I don't think it's realistic.
It's kinda a weird trade for us because we have dozens of D prospects and we're trading a center where we are soft to get another D. Not sure this one makes sense but I think Value between beck and Boqvist is close

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I'd rather keep Boqvist. He ran the PP better than Werenski has in his entire career here.

Jiricek should be in the AHL munching minutes this season. Boqvist needs to have a good year if he wants to solidify his spot on the roster, mainly just staying healthy should help him a lot.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Alex Romanov was traded for pick 13 last year. Boqvist has more value (and is a better player) than Romanov.
An Injured plagued Boqvist does not have the same value as an Experienced young player like Romanov did. Sure, maybe if he has few Injury free years and proves himself more.

Boqvist is not worth more than a late 1st, and a B, maybe B+ if a team has a bunch of them like Montreal. However. I rather keep the late 1st as we can get just as good if not a better player potentially in a draft this deep.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Easily in the Columbus should keep category at this time. His value will continue to increase and he is the best PP QB on the team from the point. If Jiricek really forces his way onto the team and cant keep him out any longer then circle back on a deal but Im not the biggest fan of the deal proposed here.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We'll give Columbus the rights to PLD...
trouble.gif

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
I’m in the minority of Jacket fans I feel like but I have no interest in getting rid of Boqvist. I think he has a higher ceiling than people realize. I know we have a logjam at defense right now but he’s not the guy I shop. I’d lose Peeke and Bean before him.

Reactions: Fro

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Trading for another player that gets injured all the time would definitely be a Dach like move.
"All the time"? He broke his wrist lol.

I guess then Nazar is also injured all the time, so there is that.

That is kind of the idea. Buy low on a young player with potential.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He placed for 40 plus points itd be a mistake to trade him for something so insignificant as what the op offered. Trading him while gudbranson is on the team would be even dumber.

He’s really not going to have a longterm spot with Jiricek coming up.

Then they have Peeke, Blankenburg& Ceulemans as RD options as well.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
"All the time"? He broke his wrist lol.

I guess then Nazar is also injured all the time, so there is that.

That is kind of the idea. Buy low on a young player with potential.
Season 2 - missed 38 games - wrist injury
Season 3 - missed 12 games - sprained shoulder
Season 4 - missed 24 games - lower body injury

3/4 seasons he's been injured. lol

Reactions: thesaadfather

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
cbj has no reason to move boqvist for picks, prospects or wingers.

if they move him – and i'd imagine they're open for it – it'd either be for a similar center or, ideally, as a key piece in a bigger package going out from columbus to get an established center.

that said, if mtl ends up getting dubois, i think a boqvist-dach swap could make sense. which would be hilarious for chicago fans, i guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad