Active Players that are locks for HHOF and retired number

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
TB: Kucherov, Vasy, and Hedman are all going to the HHOF, and will have their numbers retired.

Stamkos will probably be the next TB retired number in 4 or 5 years. He's going to the HHOF too.

Reactions: bh53

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
On NYR Fox is most likely, followed by Shesterkin, assuming both keep up their standard of play. Kreider won’t get into the HHOF, but is an absolute lock for a retired jersey number

Reactions: SirJW

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I'm gonna go out on a limb. Kopitar is a lock for his number to be retired and his numbers (points) make him at least on the ballot for the HOF.
Since they retired Dustin Brown's number (and even gave him a statue) that's probably a fair bet. Same with Quick and Doughty.

Perry is almost a lock

Does Toews count as active?
His number should be retired league wide for the "intangibles" he brought to the game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
For MN, sadly, the only player will be MAF, for his play on other teams. Kaprizov is an elite player, but had a late start to his NHL career compared to most, and he hasn't led his team to any post season success. He will need to be consistently excellent for another 8-10 years, and be on at least one Cup winning team for him to get consideration...tall order.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
I think I am missing something on some of the players listed here. Wouldn’t a lock be someone who if they would retire today would have their number retired and get in the HHoF?

I don’t think a lot of players mentioned met that. Then again, I could be wrong about the criteria.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad