Pre-Game Talk: Absolutely Nothing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I bet we lose game 4 with Jay as coach vs Knoblauch, but the offensive numbers would be similar.
I’m not convinced we make the playoffs with Woodcroft still coaching. We were 3-9-1 and in 30th place when he was fired. It took an 8 game win streak and a 16 game win streak to get back into a playoff spot. This team did change how they played after the coaching change. It wasn’t guaranteed they were gonna figure anything out with Woodcroft and certainly not to the extent where they’d go 46-18-5 the rest of the way like they did under Knoblach. We only finished 12 points ahead of St. Louis. Had we floundered for a few weeks longer under Woody we’d have never caught them.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Been there also. Pretty awesome Rueben but the Rye was marbled instead of dark. Didn't think the bread was the best and even toasted didn't hold up. They pile the meat on.
I think there was a Dunns in the Delta Hotel on Calgary Trail and Whitemud. I recall eating at it while staying there a few times. Not sure if it’s still in play . I’m sure it was nothing like the real deal.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think there was a Dunns in the Delta Hotel on Calgary Trail and Whitemud. I recall eating at it while staying there a few times. Not sure if it’s still in play . I’m sure it was nothing like the real deal.
Went to eat there a few times. Not there any more been replaced with another small hotel restaurant. Yeah it was nothing like the real deal imo.

Reactions: brentashton

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I’m not convinced we make the playoffs with Woodcroft still coaching. We were 3-9-1 and in 30th place when he was fired. It took an 8 game win streak and a 16 game win streak to get back into a playoff spot. This team did change how they played after the coaching change. It wasn’t guaranteed they were gonna figure anything out with Woodcroft and certainly not to the extent where they’d go 46-18-5 the rest of the way like they did under Knoblach. We only finished 12 points ahead of St. Louis. Had we floundered for a few weeks longer under Woody we’d have never caught them.
Woody seems to still be pretty butt hurt about getting fired. Said it was his personal choice to not follow the Oilers and has been focusing on eastern teams. He couldn't come up with a single word to praise the Oil.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
4th C is minor, but what is everyones thoughts on Ryan over Carrick? I thought both guys have played very well this series
Ryan played huge shifts to close out the last game. He obviously has the trust of coaching staff.i think Foegele might be the next healthy scratch. Maybe Perry if the dub it maintenance day off

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
wait question about the thread title @Mr Kot

isn't something that's called nothing is something? Because if something exists it's called something so even though this is nothing it's actually something because nothing is something since nothing wouldn't be called anything.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
wait question about the thread title @Mr Kot

isn't something that's called nothing is something? Because if something exists it's called something so even though this is nothing it's actually something because nothing is something since nothing wouldn't be called anything.
1647069751475.gif

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I have to wonder if some of this isn't also coming from the calm cool KK or from Coffey being a legend D that anybody would listen to. Coffey would have some sage advice and speaks to how he interacts with players. He's so honest with them. Can be sharp at times but the players know its in their best interests to listen. Biggest turnaround to me has been with Booch and Desharnais.

Yep. Nurse is composed, more confident and more playing within system now. He hasn't been angry as far as I've seen. Nothing like winning though to make you feel better about your game.

Team isn't taking stupid penalties for the most part and being far less reactive and more in control. One doesn't control or effect much if one is not first in control of ones self.

I think Perry deserves a lot of credit here. There's no secret he's been the gamesmanship goat 🐐 for nearly two decades.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I agree with this because he would still be using the stupid 11 and 7 roster and Manson would still have had the defense trying to ring it out instead of the way Coffey told them to start making plays

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

There was a Dunns there a long time ago. I was a regular at lunch when it was open and the smoked meat sandwiches I felt were the same as the ones in Montreal as I recall. I had to go to Montreal often on business and ate at Dunns a lot there too. Schwartz’ Deli just down the street is good too.

It’s long long gone now. You used to be able to buy Dunns as packaged sandwich meat and I loved it but sadly Mrs5 put a stop to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad