Abbotsford Canucks | Training Camp Edition

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I don’t see how he can carve out a bottom 6 role and he’s not good enough to play in the top 6. He doesn’t think the game fast enough
Even if that's true, every organization needs depth. He is already a legitimate AHL first-line winger who can be called up, he's a local guy, he gets a lot of respect from his teammates and coaches, and the Canucks have full control over his rights until at least summer 2026. Unless he gets claimed off of waivers next season, he figures to remain in the organization for awhile.

Reactions: ephmrl

ephmrl

5th overall.
Nov 26, 2011
Victoria, BC
I don’t see how he can carve out a bottom 6 role and he’s not good enough to play in the top 6. He doesn’t think the game fast enough
I think he'll be one of the first call ups this season alongside PDG, and will be on the 4th line next season when the team is dealing with the worst of the OEL buyout since he'll be a cheap budget option to slot into the lineup who can can provide energy and some skill for the bottom six.

I think he's perfectly suited to filling the role of a bottom six utility forward who can be slotted up and down a lineup depending on injuries. His play off the puck has improved from last year and he's already shown an ability to PK quite well at the AHL level.

Reactions: Lindgren

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
I think he'll be one of the first call ups this season alongside PDG, and will be on the 4th line next season when the team is dealing with the worst of the OEL buyout since he'll be a cheap budget option to slot into the lineup who can can provide energy and some skill for the bottom six.

I think he's perfectly suited to filling the role of a bottom six utility forward who can be slotted up and down a lineup depending on injuries. His play off the puck has improved from last year and he's already shown an ability to PK quite well at the AHL level.

Additionally, he's shown significant improvement every season since his breakout Jr. season. If he continues to progress he could conceivably take that next step and be a useful bottom 6 player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad