Abbotsford Canucks Talk | Part 2

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Cooper Walker is horrible and is actually negative depth. Small, slow, weak, had 3 goals in 36 ECHL games. Possibly the worst player (excluding goons) I’ve ever seen get 10+ games in Utica/Abbotsford.
did we sign him to be like those NBA waving the towel bench guys?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Cooper is son of Scott Walker (the Wild Thing) who had a stellar NHL career after breaking in with the Canucks; 14 years in the bigs with Vancouver, Nashville and Carolina.

Unfortunately not a case of 'like father, like son'.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

The league will be migrating their streaming service to FloSports, who currently also stream hockey games from several leagues including the ECHL, SPHL, CJHL (Canadian Jr A), USHL and BCHL.

The current rate for the FloSports network is $30/monthly and $150/annually, and based off information some season ticketholders in the AHL received that price point will continue.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

The league will be migrating their streaming service to FloSports, who currently also stream hockey games from several leagues including the ECHL, SPHL, CJHL (Canadian Jr A), USHL and BCHL.

The current rate for the FloSports network is $30/monthly and $150/annually, and based off information some season ticketholders in the AHL received that price point will continue.

Oh, awesome. The price more than doubles from what I paid last year for the Abbotsford-only coverage on AHLTV for a bunch of stuff I don't want.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Oh, awesome. The price more than doubles from what I paid last year for the Abbotsford-only coverage on AHLTV for a bunch of stuff I don't want.

I keep refreshing to see how this is any sort of improvement and, right now, just sounds like what a lot of other streaming services are doing; aping TV packages by bundling everything together and increasing the price. So anti-consumer.

Last edited:

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
I keep refreshing to see how this is any sort of improvement and, right now, just sounds like what a lot of other streaming services are doing; aping TV packages by bundling everything together and increasing the price. So anti-consumer.
I hope that consumers vote with their wallets to ensure that this business model for the Abbotsford Canucks streaming bites the Canucks and the whole of the AHL in the butt.

• Haha
Reactions: Nick Lang

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015

I absolutely detest apping TV packages and streaming services. So much overlap, buying packages for a single program, free trials where a CC is needed, forgetting to cancel, random ending dates, hidden costs. It's disgusting ... pretty soon people will need to be hired as streaming/app accountants to oversee our viewing accounts.

I don't have any except I use my father's Prime account, and my brother hasn't had cable forever so I use several of his of late. He was going through his bank the other day and had 5 packages he didn't realize he was paying or paid for mistakenly. He's bad but I can just imagine the amount of money people are throwing away for sh!t they aren't even using. A colossal waste of money ... it's like the new gym membership someone pays for a year and uses 10 times.

Reactions: Lindgren

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I absolutely detest apping TV packages and streaming services. So much overlap, buying packages for a single program, free trials where a CC is needed, forgetting to cancel, random ending dates, hidden costs. It's disgusting ... pretty soon people will need to be hired as streaming/app accountants to oversee our viewing accounts.

I don't have any except I use my father's Prime account, and my brother hasn't had cable forever so I use several of his of late. He was going through his bank the other day and had 5 packages he didn't realize he was paying or paid for mistakenly. He's bad but I can just imagine the amount of money people are throwing away for sh!t they aren't even using. A colossal waste of money ... it's like the new gym membership someone pays for a year and uses 10 times.

I’ve been in banking for 20 years. You’re on the right track here - you wouldn’t believe how little people pay attention to their statements and where their money is going.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com

aw nuts I was eager to follow now that Lekki and d-Petey are on the team

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
@F A N Just read in a Thomas Drance article that Gary Agnew decided to retire instead of return. It’s a one sentence blurb but reads like he wasn’t pushed out.
Ya I read that too. Thanks. Happy retirement to Agnew. His first coaching job was in 1985 and since that time he was only unemployed for 2 years.

Reactions: Vector

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
So Abbotsford's defensive depth looks like this now:

LD:
Guillaume Brisebois
Akito Hirose
Elias Pettersson
Christian Wolanin
Layton Ahac
Kirill Kudryavtsev (maybe goes back to Junior)
Joseph Arnsten (might play forward)

RD:
Christian Felton
Cole McWard
Jett Woo
Mark Friedman (will compete for NHL roster spot)
guillaume is still a big questionmark due to his concussion injury. will ryan johnson find a nhl veteran player via free agency/trades if vancouver decides to make one to fill that spot. right side needs a bit more depth as well.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Abbotsford Canucks are coming off a 40-win season, and from the looks of things they'll have just about everybody back. Raty, Karlsson, Bains, McWard and Nielsen all back to headline the scoring parade.

The only major 'deletions' are Silovs in the crease; Dries and, Gatcomb up front; and Johansson, Cicek and Irwin on the blueline. Also a possibility that Podkozlin sticks in the Vancouver. But if that happens, then it's possible that Phil Di Giuseppe ends up back in Abbotsford, where he'd be an impact player.

The goaltending is in good hands with Tolopilo and Patera. They're going to miss Gatcomb and particularly Dries. But with the aforementioned guys all beginning their third years in the AHL, hopefully they can take up the slack. And of course Lekkerimaki will be watched closely in hopes he replicate his scoring heroics in Europe.

And they'll also be auditioning a flock of young guys like Boom, Kudryavtsev, D-Pety, Mueller and Felton. It could be a crowded roster; but internal competition for playing time is good.

Really shaping up as another exciting year in Abbotsford.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Okabe is an undersized winger at 5'9" and listed at 168. Hockey DB has him playing five years with St. Cloud State, which is a little baffling. I didn't know five-year careers in NCAA hockey were possible. But he's 23 and graduated last spring--at which point he earned a nine game ATO with the Cleveland Monsters.

I guess the Canucks NCAA scouts have watched him for years, and figured the former Victoria Grizzly was worth a one-year AHL deal. As or Zach Berzolla, he's a 26-year old right shot defender who's spent as much time in the ECHL as he has the AHL. Got to be a Kalamazoo signing for sure.

But things are starting to get crowded in Abbotsford. Maybe they're stockpiling players to improve the lot of their ECHL team in Kalamazoo with potential callups as injury insurance.

Reactions: LemonSauceD

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
More right hand shots, and Barzolla looks like he can be a deterrent (search him on x.com, he’s feisty).

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Okabe is an undersized winger at 5'9" and listed at 168. Hockey DB has him playing five years with St. Cloud State, which is a little baffling. I didn't know five-year careers in NCAA hockey were possible. But he's 23 and graduated last spring--at which point he earned a nine game ATO with the Cleveland Monsters.

COVID added an extra year of college eligibility for players affected. Jacob Truscott, for example, is going back for his 5th year.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2