Signing(s): Aaron Hicks signs 7 year/70 M deal with Yanks

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Hicks is underrated.

He is but he's not consistent. He has great tools and I can't believe the Twins gave up on him. He's a big, fast guy with great defense, can steal bases, hit for power and get on base. I don't quite get this from his camp. He's a player a lot of teams would like to have. Surely he could have gotten a better deal next year.

This is like the Yankees Gardiner replacement for the next 7 years.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

darko

Feb 16, 2009
He is but he's not consistent. He has great tools and I can't believe the Twins gave up on him. He's a big, fast guy with great defense, can steal bases, hit for power and get on base. I don't quite get this from his camp. He's a player a lot of teams would like to have. Surely he could have gotten a better deal next year.

This is like the Yankees Gardiner replacement for the next 7 years.

AJ Pollock is a player similar to Hicks value wise. Hicks' best season was last season. Pollock's was 3 years ago. Pollock is 2 years older. Both have been hurt a lot. Pollock got 5/60. Not sure Hicks gets more. It's a contract that makes sense for Hicks financially as it's guaranteed money.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
AJ Pollock is a player similar to Hicks value wise. Hicks' best season was last season. Pollock's was 3 years ago. Pollock is 2 years older. Both have been hurt a lot. Pollock got 5/60. Not sure Hicks gets more. It's a contract that makes sense for Hicks financially as it's guaranteed money.

Just saying if he repeated his season from last year, going into free agency I could see a team giving him that $70 mil but over like a 5 year deal. I’m a big Hicks fan though

Reactions: darko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad