HF Habs: A thread for the old fart that we are, 50 years old and counting, younger guy's feel free to chip in too

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yeah I was born in 95 so I've never seen anything impressive , aside from CP31

I was seriously so miserable in the 90's watching this team, I'm a treat now compared to those days. I used to get booted from the AOL chatrooms in the mid-late 90's so often they actually cancelled my monthly membership :(

If you ever check out Spector's Hockey blog, he and I were like the OG's of the Montreal Message board on AOL! Yikes!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah I was born in 95 so I've never seen anything impressive , aside from CP31
Since Roy it’s been a wasteland. We had a window in the 2010s but brought in the exact wrong GM who brought in the exact wrong coach. Subban and Price were HOF caliber players and we had a good support group. We weren’t far off. But of course… we f***ed it up.

At least Price took us to a finals. He’s a blue chip HOFer. But he’s the only one we’ve had (apart from player pits stops) in that time.

Reactions: Habs7631 and BLONG7

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I grew up hearing stories from my dad about the 50's teams while witnessing the entire 70's. Man it was a special time to be a Habs fan.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Former Hab Rick Green was on Habs Inside Out other day. He was #1 overall pick in 1976. His signing bonus was $25,000. He went to buy a Cadillac. The dealer said he would get more girls with a Corvette. So first thing he bought was brand new Corvette for $6,800.

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I remember getting mad at some of my friends in the 80s that became bangwagoners cheering for the Islanders or Oilers when they started winning championships. I was a teen and figured you don't turn your back on your team cause you go through a few years without winning anything, didn't expect it to last 3 decades and now too far down the rabbit hole to back out and cheer for anyone else.

I really don't understand how anyone under the age of 30 would be a Habs fan though, must be hereditary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad