GDT: A Song of Snow and Fire: Avalanche (7-3-2) @ Flames (7-5-1). 7PM MT, Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Bennett is the only one on this team that cares whether we win or lose, game in or game out. Change my mind. No one else sticks up for his teammates like he does

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Alright, gotta get one here before the end of the period, then we start with two minutes of PP in the third.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Smith was pretty bad at home last year too
aPL6Tjz.png

Peters needs to be smarter here. Smith's confidence is shot; he needs to be on the bench for a while.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'm sure Smith is still in there as a punishment.

But speaking of accountability, Hanifin and Ryan need to visit the pressbox next game

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
OKG has mentioned this quite a bit and it's something that should be done, rest Smith and give the majority to Rittich for now, just like Washington did with Holtby and Grubauer last year when Holtby's confidence was shot.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Smith was pretty bad at home last year too
aPL6Tjz.png

Peters needs to be smarter here. Smith's confidence is shot; he needs to be on the bench for a while.

I think Rittich should be starting more right now but saying the same thing 500 different ways on this board won't change things. I can see why Peters was giving Smith starts but that doesn't change the fact that Ritter's game is better.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
So Cole gets a 5 minute major + game misconduct for what IMO is a clean hit.

Jordie Benn hits Gaudreau from behind head first into the boards and gets no penalty.

I don't know what to think anymore of this league.

Reactions: avsfan09

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Team just stopped skating.

Smith has been total crap this year. I will abso f***ing lose it if I see another year wasted due to poor goaltending.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
OKG has mentioned this quite a bit and it's something that should be done, rest Smith and give the majority to Rittich for now, just like Washington did with Holtby and Grubauer last year when Holtby's confidence was shot.

Holtby is a good goalie. Smith has never been that good and he is toast....he is done forever, not for now.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

Jordie Benn hits Gaudreau from behind head first into the boards and gets no penalty.

Sometimes, it feels like the fix is in. I only wonder what the state of the officiating is going to be with this new betting partnership

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016

He took the 3 steps before the hit and made sure he hit Janko from the blind side on a suicide pass. Anything perceived as predatory is going to be a penalty.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Team just stopped skating.

Smith has been total crap this year. I will abso ****ing lose it if I see another year wasted due to poor goaltending.

The team completely stops skating and folds when they see Smith let in 2-3 stinkers unless they have a multiple goal lead. I mean on one hand it's a shame because they should want to win the game, but on the other hand I can't blame them because why play hard when your goalie let's in 3 stinkers on 13 shots (and 1 goal he had no chance on with the 14th shot).

Rittich needs to be starting more games, every game aside from Toronto recently he has looked terrible. Pittsburgh was the same; Flames came out hard and dominated the game early on then Smith let in 2 shit goals and the Flames stopped skating. Eventually it was 6-0 then they just packed it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad