Value of: A partner for Chabot

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Deangelo fits the bill as specified. We have elc stud Nils L for long term RD, so Dea is expendable.

eventually wants to get paid, but will take 4.5 x 2 during covid/flat cap w/no trade clauses, I expect. rfa. arb could go 3+ or 5+, so I think he takes that for only 2 yrs after which hopefully covid has vaccine and he can hope for market.

In a vacuum I see Dea as a 1st and a 2nd, variance on where/when the 1st is.

Do we think small?

Or would you prefer one stop shopping for multiple adds?
What about
Deangleo
Strome value 2nd+
Buchnevich value 2nd+

for

Isles 2020 [which is late at 28OA]

Buch is only 3.25 this yr, rfa
Strome needs rfa contract and think he takes similar to Deangelo

thoughts?

+ OTT 2020 2d + 3rd
+ OTT 2021 2nd + 3rd

How’s Deangelo in his own end?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How’s Deangelo in his own end?

He's fully sufficient.
He's not a dominant body smasher clear the crease guy.
He is average in that way.
He is a superior skater which helps with stick checks, balance for poke checks, etc.
Does not shy away from contact and is adequate + there, [not gonna get through a huge F, but has smarts and skill to use superior skating to his advantage.

Great outlet pass is really more offense than defense, but it does help with fast transition.
Don't overlook ability to help sustain offense helps keep puck out of own zone, which helps reduce goals against [so not directly defense but indirectly helpful].

Obv, his playmaking, passing shot etc is the premium here, but his D is not as bad as the detractors would have you believe.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
He's fully sufficient.
He's not a dominant body smasher clear the crease guy.
He is average in that way.
He is a superior skater which helps with stick checks, balance for poke checks, etc.
Does not shy away from contact and is adequate + there, [not gonna get through a huge F, but has smarts and skill to use superior skating to his advantage.

Great outlet pass is really more offense than defense, but it does help with fast transition.
Don't overlook ability to help sustain offense helps keep puck out of own zone, which helps reduce goals against [so not directly defense but indirectly helpful].

Obv, his playmaking, passing shot etc is the premium here, but his D is not as bad as the detractors would have you believe.

Don’t think we’d trade for him due to his political beliefs, which I think is absurd, but Duclair might vouch for him, due to them being friends.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Don’t think we’d trade for him due to his political beliefs, which I think is absurd, but Duclair might vouch for him, due to them being friends.
DeAngelo has weird political beliefs? Define weird. Unless he’s some kind of card carrying extremist, who cares what his politics are?

Reactions: bernmeister

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Yup. The forward at three, and get their Chabot partner of the not too distant future in Sanderson at 5.
Sanderson is a LHD, same as Chabot.

For 2020/21 I'm afraid that it will be Zaitsev because I dont expect OTT to make any major move this offseason

EDIT: I dont expect any major move, unless teams pay Melnyk to take their players... IE Eriksson, Boychuk , Fleury
119470559_2246428865502820_2700247122569953241_n.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Sanderson is a LHD, same as Chabot.

For 2020/21 I'm afraid that it will be Zaitsev because I dont expect OTT to make any major move this offseason
I actually don’t mind Zaitsev. I’m not convinced top guys can’t play either side. Ever hear of Savard, Lapointe, and Robinson? And then they added Langway and Engblom.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I actually don’t mind Zaitsev. I’m not convinced top guys can’t play either side. Ever hear of Savard, Lapointe, and Robinson? And then they added Langway and Engblom.
That was 40 years ago, today the coaches lpay a game where defensemen needs to easily dump against the board . If they pick a DMan at #5 it will be Drysdale which I doubt since every mock draft goes with Stutzle/Dryasdale & Perfetti/Raymond. If they pick a D in the first round it wil be at 28/30/31 with the NYI's pick

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Brendan Smith, Cap Hit exceeds salary, just the way Melnyk prefers

Reactions: NB613

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Did I say they were weird? And I couldn’t care less as to what they are, even if they were extreme.
Why mention his political beliefs then, unless it’s a concern of yours?
If they guy is a good partner for Chabot is what’s of discussion, right?

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Adam Larsson from Edmonton if Bouchard's getting regular minutes. UFA next summer so doesn't need a protection slot. A half decent but not top end forward prospect will do.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Why mention his political beliefs then, unless it’s a concern of yours?
If they guy is a good partner for Chabot is what’s of discussion, right?

....Because I think it might prevent the team from acquiring him....which I also think is absurd, as previously stated. Doesn’t make the potentiality any less real. You’re arguing against a straw man. I don’t operate on behalf of the Ottawa Senators, but I can calculate what they may/may not do, and why. It doesn’t mean I agree with the reasoning, as I’ve made clear multiple times now.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Criteria: Top 4 RHD, 25-30 years old, good mobility, defensively responsible. Less so concerned with offensive ability, consider that to be a bonus, and will compensate accordingly. Check out the Sens depth chart and/or draft pick list, and see if there‘s anything ya fancy.
Avs have the perfect player and i bet they would be willing to throw in a 2nd to boot.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Ok.... we will send Byram to Ottawa so that Chabot can come to the avs to play with Makar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad