Proposal: A new look in 2019/2020 - TML

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
Wow, save yourselves and just leave this thread. So many idiotic comments and takes all around from all sides.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Let’s say Marleau does waive, which he could, he isn’t returning positive value.
How many teams will he waive too? If he is open to different places they'll have several teams trying to buy low on him for a mid-late round pick. The more teams he's willing to waive to, the more teams bidding, the higher the asset. I wouldn't be surprised if they got back future considerations or an expiring minor league contract back in return if he limits it to 1 or 2 teams.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
We are not giving Kassian away for what amounts to nothing . We are in cap hell as well so even if we did trade Kassian we will not be retaining on him . Brown a better skater I seen in 1 posting . LMAO . Kassian is one of the Oilers best skaters . He out there on the PK because of his speed . If you are selling Brown as a 20 goal scorer we will trade you 55 point Lucic for soft Nylander . Lucic will bring that toughness the TML need in the playoffs .

I will do Puljujarvi, Benning + 2nd for Kapanen and Brown and you will like it

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
There is a much more realistic and easy solution for the Leafs to make themselves over...

Nylander for Pesce
Brown for somebody and/or a pick.

Left with:
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Matthews-Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-____
Petan-Gauthier-____

Rielly-Pesce
Muzzin-Zaitsev
Dermott-Rosen

No reason for Carolina to mess with their defensemen especially if their playoff run is extended to the third round or Cup Final.

Justin Faulk will likely be the odd man out as he will only be a year away from becoming a UFA.

While the fit seemed to be there for a Nylander trade, that ship has likely sailed.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Zach Hyman - John Tavares - Mitch Marner
Andreas Johnsson - Auston Matthews - Kasperi Kapanen
Trevor Moore - Nazem Kadri - Jeremy Bracco
Patrick Maroon - Noel Acciari - Zach Kassian
ex. Frederik Gauthier + Nic Petan

Morgan Rielly - Tyler Myers
Jake Muzzin - Rasmus Ristolainen
Travis Dermott - Calle Rosen
ex. Andreas Borgman

Frederik Andersen
Garret Sparks

William Nylander for Rasmus Ristolainen

Nikita Zaitsev for Ryan Spooner - Buyout Spooner

Connor Brown for Zack Kassian (50% - 900K) + 2019 4th rd. Pick

Patrick Marleau for LA 2020 3rd rd. Pick after July 1st

Jake Gardiner's rights for Tyler Myers rights - Sign Myers at 5.8M for 4 years

Sign Noel Acciari at 1.25M per for 2 years

Sign Patrick Maroon at 2M for 1 year

An increased importance put on defense and team toughness. The 4th line is of a crash and bang variety, which is something the team as a whole has lacked. The defense gains toughness and in zone defensive ability. Ristolainen could really take off in a new environment, likewise for Nylander.
The Leafs would need to add a lot to dump him on the Canucks even if they take Spooner back.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
He played on the Mathews line until the Kadri suspension
Cool. When the discussion was about his value and how he only gets carried by Matthews, I read that he is mainly playing on the third line with weak linemates and he is driving plays there. TML is much more complex than any other hockey club in the NHL. There are many wrinkles to learn.

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
Cool. When the discussion was about his value and how he only gets carried by Matthews, I read that he is mainly playing on the third line with weak linemates and he is driving plays there. TML is much more complex than any other hockey club in the NHL. There are many wrinkles to learn.
Dude I live in Ontario and watched almost every leaf game this season I said he was a top six guy in every roster you said he wasn't in Toronto but he was

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad