A Little Too Early Opening Night Roster

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
A little bit early, however barring any trades or further injuries, what is you opening night roster?
I am going to take the easy route on this:
Forwards (14)
Thomas, Kyrou, Buch, Schenn, Saad, Faksa, Texier, Sunny, Torp, Neighbours, Joseph, Walker, Kappy, Bolduc

Defense (7)
Faulk, CP, Leddy, Suter, Peru, Kessel, Joseph

Goal (2)
Binny Hofer

Take out Walker, Perunovich and replace them with Dvorsky & Sylvegard.

Go Blues!!

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I would rather have a guy come into camp on a PTO, and increase competition for a roster spot, then to just hand over a roster spot to "See what the player can do".

I would love to see the Blues bring in Kubalik and/or Blais on a PTO.
Who are we handing a roster spot to? I don’t see a single player that fits that sentence.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I would rather have a guy come into camp on a PTO, and increase competition for a roster spot, then to just hand over a roster spot to "See what the player can do".

Why? Blais was useless last year. Kubalik teams couldn’t wait to be done with. We have better options already signed.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006

I think Blais is done, bro. He can ride off into the Russian sunset with his name on the Cup.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Again its just a PTO.
I don't think there is anything Blais could do on a PTO to overcome what the coaching staff saw from him last season. Bannister got a 4 month long look at him and very clearly saw no value in his game. He played 8:52 a night under Bannister (3rd lowest among all 19 forwards who played a game) and he managed to somehow put up zero goals and 1 assist through 29 games. Walker and Bolduc undoubtedly passed Blais on Bannister's depth chart and a good couple weeks in camp wouldn't change that.

From his perspective, a PTO instead of even a 2 way offer from the team he just played for would be a clear message that he has next to no shot of making the team, so I can't see him having any interest to pass up other opportunities to get paid to play pro hockey elsewhere.

I like Blais. A lot. I love how much he runs around but still has scoring ability. A couple years ago my half seasons tickets were next to a family that knew him and they spoke highly of him. One of my favorite images from the Cup run was him taking a knee next to Bill Daly for the photo with the Clarence Campbell trophy.

But I just don't see any scenario where a PTO for him in St. Louis makes any sense.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
What a crazy last couple years for Blais. Tears his ACL, comes back and has an awful season for the Rangers. Then gets traded here, basically lights it up to finish the season and then goes to the World Championships and scores a lot over there too. Things were looking up and then he comes back to STL and has a garbage performance where he only scores 1 goal.

Pretty crazy. He has some tools, but I think it’s clear his confidence fluctuates a ton and his hockey sense can also be lacking. His brain is holding him back from putting it all together.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
What a crazy last couple years for Blais. Tears his ACL, comes back and has an awful season for the Rangers. Then gets traded here, basically lights it up to finish the season and then goes to the World Championships and scores a lot over there too. Things were looking up and then he comes back to STL and has a garbage performance where he only scores 1 goal.

Pretty crazy. He has some tools, but I think it’s clear his confidence fluctuates a ton and his hockey sense can also be lacking. His brain is holding him back from putting it all together.
I really thought after the end of 22/23 and the WC he was putting it all together and was in for a good season as well, but boy did the wheels ever fall off last season.

Ad

Ad

Ad