Proposal: A fair offer for Jack Eichel to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
The Habs have cap to spend,, Weber will be on LTIR for the rest of his career likely.

We replaced him with Savard at half the price and added Hoffman up front to replace Tatar and Dvorak to replace Danault (ugprades in both spots really).

kevyn Adams said he wants the equivalent of 4 1st round picks for Eichel

:habs

Jack Eichel

:sabres

2022 1st round pick (whichever doesnt go to Phoenix)
2023 1st round pick
Joel Armia
Logan Mailloux

people are gonna cry about Armia but he's a solid 2nd liner and the cost of him would likely be a late 1st rounder at the deadline so ya nuff said

sticker76

Jul 7, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I'm not a fan of either team, but that may be one of the worst offers I've ever seen! Yes Eichel is injured and will miss some time and you don't know how he will do coming back, but if you are justifying that Armia is a solid player and should be included, that should tell you how bad the offer is!

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
I'm not a fan of either team, but that may be one of the worst offers I've ever seen! Yes Eichel is injured and will miss some time and you don't know how he will do coming back, but if you are justifying that Armia is a solid player and should be included, that should tell you how bad the offer is!
he's obviously the lowest piece

there are 3 1st round picks included..

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The Habs have cap to spend,, Weber will be on LTIR for the rest of his career likely.

We replaced him with Savard at half the price and added Hoffman up front to replace Tatar and Dvorak to replace Danault (ugprades in both spots really).

kevyn Adams said he wants the equivalent of 4 1st round picks for Eichel

:habs

Jack Eichel

:sabres

2022 1st round pick (whichever doesnt go to Phoenix)
2023 1st round pick
Joel Armia
Logan Mailloux

people are gonna cry about Armia but he's a solid 2nd liner and the cost of him would likely be a late 1st rounder at the deadline so ya nuff said
So a late 1st, a 3rd line winger, another late 1st and a prospect who no one wants?

how could Buffalo say no

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
There was definitely better Habs offers for Eichel in the mega thread. I can’t remember what they exactly were but pretty sure a few had Romanov + 2 1st + small add. I think that’s more of a realistic offer.

I don’t think Mailloux should be considered in any deal. Totally unrealistic imo.

I actually like Armia, late 1st at deadline is debatable but sure he’s a good piece to have.

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
There was definitely better Habs offers for Eichel in the mega thread. I can’t remember what they exactly were but pretty sure a few had Romanov + 2 1st + small add. I think that’s more of a realistic offer.

I don’t think Mailloux should be considered in any deal. Totally unrealistic imo.

I actually like Armia, late 1st at deadline is debatable but sure he’s a good piece to have.
Romanov is untouchable

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
An injured Eichel requiring surgery will go for a lot less. What’s the story with his injury? Does it have the potential to hamper him?

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
An injured Eichel requiring surgery will go for a lot less. What’s the story with his injury? Does it have the potential to hamper him?
A lot of Buffalo fans will tell you the injury is overblown and to expect him back at 100%. The reality is that the prescribed surgery has been performed on 2 NHL players, one retired after 1 season which was not very good and the other is Letang and its hard to guage how its affected him. He also had it relatively recently so longevity is still a question. The surgery Eichel wants has never been performed on an NHL player and there is a question as to if it would hold up in the NHL. If it ultimately failed it has the potential to cause more damage as the replacement disc could be dislodged by my understanding. Short answer is it is very possible.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
So this would be at the draft then? The condition on the picks prevents either one from being moved until after the pick locations are finalized. Mailloux fell in the draft as he found himself on many teams DnD list. The 2023 pick has no protection conditions on it?? Finally, armia is a fine player but clearly not a high end peice that BUF would be looking for.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
A lot of Buffalo fans will tell you the injury is overblown and to expect him back at 100%. The reality is that the prescribed surgery has been performed on 2 NHL players, one retired after 1 season which was not very good and the other is Letang and its hard to guage how its affected him. He also had it relatively recently so longevity is still a question. The surgery Eichel wants has never been performed on an NHL player and there is a question as to if it would hold up in the NHL. If it ultimately failed it has the potential to cause more damage as the replacement disc could be dislodged by my understanding. Short answer is it is very possible.

Now it makes perfect sense why he’s fighting for the alternative surgery. Thank you for your post. Respect.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
So this would be at the draft then? The condition on the picks prevents either one from being moved until after the pick locations are finalized. Mailloux fell in the draft as he found himself on many teams DnD list. The 2023 pick has no protection conditions on it?? Finally, armia is a fine player but clearly not a high end peice that BUF would be looking for.

Fair. So take out Logan and… who/what get shipped out in his place? A 2nd?

If it’s 2 1sts, a 2nd and Armia with zero retention, Buffalo should take it and run.

Picks, Armia and 10M worth of cap will do wonders for the Sabres, especially for a -injured- Eichel. That’s the trade of the year right there and Buffalo wins it.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Fair. So take out Logan and… who/what get shipped out in his place? A 2nd?

If it’s 2 1sts, a 2nd and Armia with zero retention, Buffalo should take it and run.

Picks, Armia and 10M worth of cap will do wonders for the Sabres, especially for a -injured- Eichel. That’s the trade of the year right there and Buffalo wins it.
I mean, no protection on 2023, a top 15 (sorry mtl) in 2022, a 2nd in 2022, and army... its not horribad. Obviously a healthy Eichel is capable of being a top 10 center in the league, It just the uncertainty that is up in the air. If its at the draft, that package would at least take few moments to ponder.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
"A fair offer"

*Doesnt include Suzuki or Caufield*

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad