GDT: #9 | Canadiens at Flyers | Sunday, October 27, 2024 | 7:00 PM | NBCSP, 93.3 FM

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I think Tort’s time is winding down. Goaltending a major problem that has nothing to do with Torts but there has also been major regression. This team was in playoff seeding for most of the year last year and has since bottomed out with no recovery. Walker is gone but Michkov is in. It is more or less the same team from last year. The team has quit in him

Part of me says that a new coach will give them a little surge which would hurt draft pick seeding and I think unfortunately we need to trawl the bottom for elite talent
I think they’ll give Torts a ridiculously long leash. He’s probably safe til February no matter what and quite possibly til the end of the season.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I think they’ll give Torts a ridiculously long leash. He’s probably safe til February no matter what and quite possibly til the end of the season.
I’d be fine with that if it gets us Hagens, Misa, Malone, etc even though Torts’ usage of players is aggravating. If the Flyers aren’t “respectably bad” instead of embarrassing I think his head rolls though if there is another stretch like this in the next 10-15 games

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Below average skater just called up for his 5th career game…..or the nightly minutes leader who is the most skilled defenseman on the team, who just scored tonight? It’s a toughie. It’s a mental block passed down from regime to regime.
Funny part is Sanheim played on the PP over Andrae in the preseason. Nothing they ever do makes sense. Guy had 44 points in 81 games playing with a month's worth of PP time and they act like that is some normal feat.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2010
PA

Ownership didn't bring over Michkov to be out of playoff contention by Thanksgiving. They want butts in seats and at least the appearance of a potential playoff race.

Reactions: BernieParent

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Bad evaluations happen, but they have already doubled down in the worst way with Buium. I already assume they’ll triple down at some point; his leash is obviously stretched beyond merit. I’m just hoping (!) they don’t quadruple down with a future contract.
When it comes to the Flyers, I usually try and think of the worst possible outcome.

And then I usually end up finding out that it actually could be worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad