GDT: #9 | Canadiens at Flyers | Sunday, October 27, 2024 | 7:00 PM | NBCSP, 93.3 FM

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Frost taking his turn on the scratch seat isn’t nearly as annoying as the fact the Flyers are still playing a 6 minute a night goon in 2024.

I’ve also seen people he deserves to sit because of lost faceoffs, but he’s at 52%.
He's noticeably lost a lot of powerplay faceoffs.

He probably drew ire yesterday for losing a defensive zone faceoff after an icing that led to a goal against.

When you're not in favour with a coach, things like that stand out, unfortunately.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We really do have the worst coach possible for a rebuild. Put Couturier on PP1 if face offs are so damn important. Of course Coots was trending towards scratch status just a few games ago in this absurd abstraction of a hockey team.

And Frost is 19-15 in PP faceoffs

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You never notice Frost unless it works to defend coaching and management decisions.
I've complimented him when he's played well, which he does at times.
Unfortunately, there is too much space between those times.
He's been meh this season so far, not awful, more like a mediocre 3C.
Now I think he can play better, his ceiling is probably a mediocre 2C.

Why people are so sensitive about him gets me, he's just not that good.

Reactions: 04hockey

Hanover Fist

Aug 22, 2018
1313 Mockingbird Lane
I've complimented him when he's played well, which he does at times.
Unfortunately, there is too much space between those times.
He's been meh this season so far, not awful, more like a mediocre 3C.
Now I think he can play better, his ceiling is probably a mediocre 2C.

Why people are so sensitive about him gets me, he's just not that good.
As was stated earlier this team is weak at center and even if he’s playing mediocre why do you bench him and deploy a useless face puncher. I also think his short leash is affecting his play. Torts constant juggling is never going to allow the team to mesh. Pick a lineup and play it for 10 games for heavens sake. Its time to play the guy or move on for the sake of team chemistry.

Reactions: renberg

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Not surprised that Frost is sitting. The dork of a coach needs someone to blame for his short comings. This vendetta is disgusting. I don’t see how Briere can justify allowing this to continue.
I'd sit him. If he's not scoring or creating offensively then he's a liability. He looked like ass yesterday, and he's small and soft so give him a rest.

Tortorella's shortcomings? His team isn't that good. He's a very good coach with a middle of the pack roster that plays like ass in their own end.

Torts is a joke. Erratic person, exactly the kind of people I cut out of my life
Disagree. He's a good coach with a long record of success.

As was stated earlier this team is weak at center and even if he’s playing mediocre why do you bench him and deploy a useless face puncher. I also think his short leash is affecting his play. Torts constant juggling is never going to allow the team to mesh. Pick a lineup and play it for 10 games for heavens sake. Its time to play the guy or move on for the sake of team chemistry.
I would definitely change things up after that game yesterday. They are thin at center. Frost does not contribute at all in his own end, and they've sucked in their own end.

• Haha
Reactions: trostol

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'd sit him. If he's not scoring or creating offensively then he's a liability. He looked like ass yesterday, and he's small and soft so give him a rest.

Tortorella's shortcomings? His team isn't that good. He's a very good coach with a middle of the pack roster that plays like ass in their own end.

Disagree. He's a good coach with a long record of success.

I would definitely change things up after that game yesterday. They are thin at center. Frost does not contribute at all in his own end, and they've sucked in their own end.

List his successes in the salary cap era

Reactions: Tripod and mize370

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad