Post-Game Talk: 9 AM May 19th, 2024 - Garbage Bag Day at Warrior Arena

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
@Aussie Bruin Jacobs fought for a CBA that he felt was best for the NHL overall knowing it would hurt the Bruins.

Managing the Cap is a nightmare for any GM

Hurt the Bruins in the short-term I think but it's beneficial in the long run, at least financially, which is any owner's top priority. More teams and a more competitive league means more money to be made from broadcast rights, sponsors etc. And a bigger pie means every stakeholder gets a larger slice. It's shrewd business.

In the end, it doesn't seem to have altered much for the Bruins' on-ice performance, at least not yet. They were a nearly-but-not-quite team through many many years in the 20th Century, and they're still that in the modern cap era. The more things change.....

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Why not stamkos as the cup winning vet?he can still play hockey.

Have loved him since game7 in 2011, coming back out with a hole in his nose.
why would Stamkos uproot family - kids school age, house is supposedly amazing, huge in community, no state millionaires tax, phenomenal weather to come to Boston with the biggest ahole fans, weather can suck, taxes, traffic and pot holes / umm he would need to be an idiot

Stamkos going to move family out of Florida - sell dream house, tske kids away from friends and school, tell wife load up the car and check Kohl’s for winter coats

There is 0.0 chance Stamkos is coming here

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1716208469266.png

1716208486417.png

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Why not stamkos as the cup winning vet?he can still play hockey.

Have loved him since game7 in 2011, coming back out with a hole in his nose.
I mean you look at his stats last year, hell yeah, I’m curious what he does. He was Tampa’s best player in the playoffs. Pretty sure a lot of teams would like him

Reactions: Gordoff

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
There is 0.0 chance Stamkos

Stamkos going to move family out of Florida - sell dream house, tske kids away from friends and school, tell wife load up the car and check Kohl’s for winter coats

[/QUOTE]
Stamkos is from the GTA. Greater Toronto Area. Played his minor hockey growning up there. Played Major Junior in Sarnia Ontario. I would think the Leafs would be all over him coming there. Would have been a Leaf fan growing up. The media there is wicked. They brutalize players on a daily basis. That might keep him away.

TheGreenTBer

Generational Lesson Learner
Apr 30, 2021
Stamkos is from the GTA. Greater Toronto Area. Played his minor hockey growning up there. Played Major Junior in Sarnia Ontario. I would think the Leafs would be all over him coming there. Would have been a Leaf fan growing up. The media there is wicked. They brutalize players on a daily basis. That might keep him away.

Apologies for posting in here as a Leafs fan, but I have lived in Middlesex County for 14 years now so I do have some connection to Boston.

Not that anyone in here cares (and I don't blame you) but one of the reasons you guys have always had the Leafs' number is because the expectations in Boston are high and rightfully so. The loser core in Toronto has been coddled and overpaid for years and they know nothing of hard work, humility or teamwork; they only know greed and their own personal brand. Montreal's media...THOSE people are savage and so are the fans. Toronto's core players, front office, ownership and media are mentally softer than a Boston cream pie. The Bruins have, for years, been far better than the Leafs at establishing a team identity. You guys deserve credit for that. Expectations are high in this city because this city knows what a winner looks like. Players don't get treated like Gods in Boston until they prove it when it matters, as opposed to Toronto fawning over the regular season superstars for years for no reason.

To be on-topic, I'd be shocked if Stamkos goes anywhere else in our division. He had a chance to come to Toronto before and he didn't, and we don't have the money unless we can pawn Mitch Marner off on a bottom-feeder. He'd be a good fit in Boston but I don't think he wants to come back north.

Once again, sorry for butting in here. Take care.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Apologies for posting in here as a Leafs fan, but I have lived in Middlesex County for 14 years now so I do have some connection to Boston.

Not that anyone in here cares (and I don't blame you) but one of the reasons you guys have always had the Leafs' number is because the expectations in Boston are high and rightfully so. The loser core in Toronto has been coddled and overpaid for years and they know nothing of hard work, humility or teamwork; they only know greed and their own personal brand. Montreal's media...THOSE people are savage and so are the fans. Toronto's core players, front office, ownership and media are mentally softer than a Boston cream pie. The Bruins have, for years, been far better than the Leafs at establishing a team identity. You guys deserve credit for that. Expectations are high in this city because this city knows what a winner looks like. Players don't get treated like Gods in Boston until they prove it when it matters, as opposed to Toronto fawning over the regular season superstars for years for no reason.

To be on-topic, I'd be shocked if Stamkos goes anywhere else in our division. He had a chance to come to Toronto before and he didn't, and we don't have the money unless we can pawn Mitch Marner off on a bottom-feeder. He'd be a good fit in Boston but I don't think he wants to come back north.

Once again, sorry for butting in here. Take care.
I would be surprised if he were to move unless Tampa had no interest in bringing him back and really low balled him .

TheGreenTBer

Generational Lesson Learner
Apr 30, 2021
I would be surprised if he were to move unless Tampa had no interest in bringing him back and really low balled him .
Agreed. He used us years ago to get his money from Tampa. He'd use Boston to do the same in a heartbeat and I can't entirely blame him for either.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Marner actually did say they are treated like Gods in an interview after they lost. Read something where he had hired a private security firm to keep media at arms length. Not sure if true. He is their favorite whipping boy. He will be hard to move with the contract and NTC. Doubt the Bruins would go there. Far too complicated to get involved in and seems soft when pressured.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bussi has to go thru waivers but more importantly looks like could be really good

Agree on Beecher

To me there are two questions I want to see how go in next 45 days (yup that quick )

What about DeBrusk

How is Ullmark situation resolved

Yes, a LOT is going to happen in the next 45 days. Some FA to be are going to get signed and the free agent class will have even less talent in it than it looks today.

Sweeney has work to do with Debrusk, and Swayman. Plus needs to work the trade market on ullmark and others (potentially)

(fixed time entry

Last edited:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Driving to DD to get my morning iced coffee - GHS on WEEI

WEEI Wiggy & Scheim but worse the callers (probably folks here)

1. Sweeney & Neely on hot seat or should be fired
2. Get rid of everyone but Swayman
3. Get both Reinhart & Stamkos

Stopped listening after the get both stuff
My only advice @DKH ....... don't do it to yourself. I stopped listening to talk radio after too long with Eddie Adelman.

For some reason, radio hosts and guests are blowhards. Many of them have faces for radio as well.

I haven't spent a second of time on talk radio for decades. It's bad enough I see clips of Felger on TV occasionally and can't find the mute button fast enough. I'd endure an endless loop of those two basketball fools signing on that commercial before I'd listen to an adult person who apparently calls himself "Wiggy" talk about anything at all.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
why would Stamkos uproot family - kids school age, house is supposedly amazing, huge in community, no state millionaires tax, phenomenal weather to come to Boston with the biggest ahole fans, weather can suck, taxes, traffic and pot holes / umm he would need to be an idiot

Not the "biggest A-hole fans"........second biggest by a wide margin to Philadelphia.
The Red Sox have the biggest bunch of nuevo pink hat fans that only go to Fenway Park for the photo opp. "C'mon guuys, hold up your IPA beer or wine and say FOOOOORMAAGIO..... aReN't wE KOOO-EL!?!"

Last edited:

JayMark

Jul 13, 2022

Well that sells it then . Lets all move to Florida. No place better.

Reactions: Bodit9

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Ah - for some reason I thought he had full no movement

Nevermind what I said lol
It's actually a very good point. He has 15 teams he can be traded to. What if he puts teams that already have a #1 goalie? Islanders, Canucks, Stars, Rangers, Florida, Tampa et all. What if he **** blocks all the teams not on his list that desperately need a goalie? You could get pennies on the dollar.

Hoping it's just a negotiating ploy where he will be amenable if an extension is granted? Could throw a glitch into the matrix.

Reactions: Gee Wally

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
It's actually a very good point. He has 15 teams he can be traded to. What if he puts teams that already have a #1 goalie? Islanders, Canucks, Stars, Rangers, Florida, Tampa et all. What if he **** blocks all the teams not on his list that desperately need a goalie? You could get pennies on the dollar.

Hoping it's just a negotiating ploy where he will be amenable if an extension is granted? Could throw a glitch into the matrix.
So glad you’re back Lou

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad