GDT: 9/27/13 Toronto Maple Leafs @ Detroit Red Wings 7:30EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Michael Brand Eggs

Knee Guard
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I don't expect much from Lashoff, but he needs to stop being fancy with his outlet passes.
Between Ouellet and Almquist, I have to think Lashoff is going to be out of a job soon. He's big, but he doesn't seem to play big.

Another interesting thing is that Quincey-Ouellet seems to work, which makes me think the whole "Quincey is terrible" meme that goes around here is not quite accurate.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
I don't expect much from Lashoff, but he needs to stop being fancy with his outlet passes.

the more he plays the more i am convinced, that in case of a D injury i'd rather have a griffin call-up than lashoff.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Looks like the ref was talking to Alfredsson about his untucked jersey at the end of that period.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
When he does play (hopefully less than 5 games this year). He just needs to, clear in front of the net, get the puck out of the zone and not turn it over. That's all I ask.

Between Ouellet and Almquist, I have to think Lashoff is going to be out of a job soon. He's big, but he doesn't seem to play big.

Another interesting thing is that Quincey-Ouellet seems to work, which makes me think the whole "Quincey is terrible" meme that goes around here is not quite accurate.

the more he plays the more i am convinced, that in case of a D injury i'd rather have a griffin call-up than lashoff.

Yeah, agreed.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Maybe Ouellet is just that good ;)

Dats13DET

Aug 13, 2010
Canada
Alfredsson in the 1st period:

Gave the 2nd line chemistry.

Helped the PP look awesome.
___

I think he's going to have a good year.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Quincey isn't bad. Most people take their anger out against him since he was traded for a 1st round pick. He's a solid 3rd pairing guy. Doesn't help that a lot of the time he's been playing with Smith.

but a solid 3rd pairing guy doesn't get a cap hit of 3.75. that's my problem with him. for 1.5 i'd take him.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Lashoff is downright terrible. Can't believe KH gave him a 3 year deal.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Have to agree for this Alfie praise. What a speed and shifty guy he is. He's looks better than Selänne 2 years ago (at 41-year old).

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I'm not overly worried but our D are looking clumsy on a few. 2 split the D breakaways at least one on Kindl. Lashoff hesitates a lot like Smith, gets caught, and I could see him bringing down that pairing. Ericsson got owned and Kronwall got walked around. No big deal. They all (except Lashoff :laugh:) made some descent plays.

I agree the 2nd line looks at least halfway dangerous, they had a few nice shots lined up. My 1st view of the complete line and looks good.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
but a solid 3rd pairing guy doesn't get a cap hit of 3.75. that's my problem with him. for 1.5 i'd take him.

Well that's what the market dictates for a player with his abilities and experience. He's not asked to do all that he's capable of on this team. He could play the PP and be more offensive, but it's not needed.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

UFA after this season and I don't see any team offering >$2M. Maybe he stays, maybe not. But won't be at current cap hit.

I want DeKeyser-Smith playing together. Quincey with Kindl.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
UFA after this season and I don't see any team offering >$2M. Maybe he stays, maybe not. But won't be at current cap hit.

I want DeKeyser-Smith playing together. Quincey with Kindl.

Don't be shocked if some lower-tier team offers more than 3.75M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad