GDT: 9/17/20 - 8:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #6 New York Islanders [ECF Game 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So are we assuming Point is out? Are we basing this on anything? Something I've missed?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The two games without Point we blew. We coulda won both but didn't. So we can win without him - Isles are just not thst good. No excuses either way.

Even with our top 2 centers out we should still beat this dumb team. So do it.

Point has been the difference in this series so far. Its a little disappointing because I thought even with him out Kucherov should be able to make some plays resulting in some scoring chances and goals. We got some chances but aren't finishing. Point is a playmaker and a good finisher so we miss the hell out of him when he's not in.

Heddyzeppelin

Aug 24, 2020
To me, this is in reality our game 7. If we lose tonight we are probably done. Harsh? Maybe. However we all know that a true game 7 opens the door for all sorts of things to go wrong. From a bad game by your goaltender to a great game by the opposing netminder to bad calls by the officials to an untimely injury, there is no coming back from an unlucky break in a game 7.

The boys HAVE TO end this tonight.

Take no prisoners!

Go Bolts!!!!

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Isles did well when we were down 3 key forwards but aside from that, we've been the clearly better team in this series regardless of who's in the lineup. Even without Point last game, TB was better despite not looking all that great.

I disagree that Point has been THE difference...we're better regardless, and if not for some botched opportunities (Cirelli numerous grade A chances, Bogosian post, Kucherov narrow OT miss) we'd be playing Dallas tonight. Give the Islanders credit for being a resilient team, but they're just not as good even if we're missing Point.

Considering the circumstances I'm not all that disappointed or worried, would suck to lose again but we're not out there getting outplayed beacuse of injuries.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Isles did well when we were down 3 key forwards but aside from that, we've been the clearly better team in this series regardless of who's in the lineup. Even without Point last game, TB was better despite not looking all that great.

I disagree that Point has been THE difference...we're better regardless, and if not for some botched opportunities (Cirelli numerous grade A chances, Bogosian post, Kucherov narrow OT miss) we'd be playing Dallas tonight. Give the Islanders credit for being a resilient team, but they're just not as good even if we're missing Point.

Considering the circumstances I'm not all that disappointed or worried, would suck to lose again but we're not out there getting outplayed beacuse of injuries.
No one being an effective top-six center in the absence of Point is what the issue is. If we had fresh Celery with some snap to his game, and/or Johnny being good, we wouldn't be missing the Point like we do.

You need the center to connect the guys on the wings sometimes.

Heddyzeppelin

Aug 24, 2020
No one being an effective top-six center in the absence of Point is what the issue is. If we had fresh Celery with some snap to his game, and/or Johnny being good, we wouldn't be missing the Point like we do.

You need the center to connect the guys on the wings sometimes.

This is spot on.

Any team missing it’s top 2 Centers let alone 2 the quality of Stamkos/Point would struggle to be effective.

There is a reason big time Centers are highly valued.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Let's go Lighting! Need to come out like you want to end this and move on, everyone need to step up and show some willpower out there or it won't work. We did out play them last game but felt like we were struggling to get the really dangerous chances so we need to be ready and willing to take the extra effort tonight. Feel like what @AlwaysSunnyInTampa wrote, you have to hope for the best but expect the worst with this team.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Coburn and Condra

May 13, 2016
Iowa
Well, the Isles and Stars also blew 3-1 leads last round only to win Game 7. Their fanbases probably didn't feel too good either at the time.

Vasy can turn into a brick wall at any time. Hockey is a strange game.

But yes, please just win tonight.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
We're so late in the series for this problem, but I did notice several weeks ago the Lightning tried futzing around with what Vegas does.

Team Identity: In Vegas centers grow on trees

This makes it sound like playing center is easy, but it only focuses on getting the C the puck through simplicity and consistency. Once they have it, the ice is their canvass, they can create in any direction; north or south.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad