OT: 89th Obsequious Banter Thread: An introduction to "Cambo with da Lambo"

You are walking through the woods. You arrive at a crossroads. Which path do you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
In the red corner @Jack Straw and in the blue corner @Beef Invictus
funny-gif-cat-fight.gif

Last edited:

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
As to the poll. Sit down, and ponder the nature of free choice. Hope for rescue since a true philosopher would never be able to finish thinking out the process. You may able to choose if a butterfly lands on your right or left. Of course, it lands on your nose, and in trying to chase it off, you stab yourself through the eye with the pencil in your hand and die

Reactions: Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
As to the poll. Sit down, and ponder the nature of free choice. Hope for rescue since a true philosopher would never be able to finish thinking out the process. You may able to choose if a butterfly lands on your right or left. Of course, it lands on your nose, and in trying to chase it off, you stab yourself through the eye with the pencil in your hand and die

What is "choice", really? Electrochemical signals jumping around your brain... how can you be sure that any choice you make is truly your own free will and not some random electromagnetic fluctuation, or the result of something you ate that morning and that then results in you taking a wrong turn... and then stabbing yourself in the eye?

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Since this involved all four major Philly teams, I thought this might be the best place to pose this question.

The Ben Simmons insanity had me thinking about how I believe he is the least "Philly" athlete of all time. It may be because it is currently on going, but it was hard for the people I asked to come up with someone else that could dethrone him.

This then turned into a more fun game, who is the most "Philly" athlete of all time? My dad and the old guy next door went deep, but I don't think they full understood the question. Although, it did lead us to breaking this down "tournament" style. Mine choices are bolded below based on discussions throughout today, but my personal choices would definitely lean towards the mid 90s to the present.

So I ask you:

Who is the Least "Philly" Athlete of all time?
Eagles: Todd Pinkston (?)
Flyers: Alexander Diagle
Phillies: Domonic Brown (?)
Sixers: Ben Simmons

Least Philly Winner: Ben Simmons

and

Who is the Most "Philly" Athlete of all time?
Eagles: Brian Dawkins (HM: Chuck Bednarik)
Flyers: Bobby Clarke (HM: Any Broad Street Bully since they personified "Philly")
Phillies: Chase Utley (HM: Shane Victorino)
Sixers: Dr. J (HM: TJ McConnell)

Most Philly Winner: In a straight popular vote, we think Dawkins wins. Personally, I'd go with Utley because I wasn't alive to see Clarke or Dr. J.

So, who do you have?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Seems totally appropriate for Captain Kirk to finally make it into space riding a giant penis.

Would have been more impactful if the announcement had been peppered with random pauses for dramatic effect. :sarcasm:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Since this involved all four major Philly teams, I thought this might be the best place to pose this question.

The Ben Simmons insanity had me thinking about how I believe he is the least "Philly" athlete of all time. It may be because it is currently on going, but it was hard for the people I asked to come up with someone else that could dethrone him.

This then turned into a more fun game, who is the most "Philly" athlete of all time? My dad and the old guy next door went deep, but I don't think they full understood the question. Although, it did lead us to breaking this down "tournament" style. Mine choices are bolded below based on discussions throughout today, but my personal choices would definitely lean towards the mid 90s to the present.

So I ask you:

and

Flyers: Bobby Clarke (HM: Any Broad Street Bully since they personified "Philly")

Most Philly Winner: In a straight popular vote, we think Dawkins wins. Personally, I'd go with Utley because I wasn't alive to see Clarke or Dr. J.

So, who do you have?
Embiid.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

So I ask you:

and

So, who do you have?

There is only one correct answer to this question:

Reactions: Lord Defect

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

So I ask you:

and

So, who do you have?

He wasn't here long at all, but I think the Phillies player for "least" should be Sean Rodriguez - the guy who called Phillies fans "entitled".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad