Post-Game Talk: 8 and oh, baby. Jets win 5-3.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
8 players at PPG+ is also impressive. I feel like the Lowry line starts every year pretty hot and then slows down offensively as the year progresses though.

The jets offense overall will slow down. It's inevitable. There has been a decent level of luck to this streak. As seen tonight when the puck bounced off the glass, off the goalie and in.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
That was a highly entertaining game. A little bit of everything. After the shaky opening shift the Jets showed exactly what their coach asked from them, a high compete level. I thought after that first shift Connor and Scheifele led by example, played at a very high level. Created chances. Played hard in all 3 zones. Lowry and Nino real good too.

Neal Pionk deserves a lot of of credit for winning the 50/50 race that led to the PK goal that got the Jets in front. You know he is not going to keep up a 100 point pace, but he's been a real catalyst early this year.

The whole team did well to mitigate a tough period where the penalties and momentum were against the Jets with a lot of gritty shot blocks. De Melo I thought had a rough game handling the puck, but this was a strong area for him.

Got some puck luck, and I think the Flames got a raw deal on a questionable penalty in a tight game, but there were some calls that the Flames got away with, the hook on Perfetti wide open in front of the net stood out to me.

Not a real noticeable night for Fetts, but came through in the clutch, and seeing Kadri in the box for it was icing on the cake. PP getting the job done, but PP2 has been on the goal sheet for big goals this season.

Comrie a little shaky on those short side shots, but good battle level.

Probably my favourite game in this early run. Should have been the prime time game.

6 comeback victories in 8, 3 in a week on a road trip. I like this team, ladies and gents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad