Post-Game Talk: #79 | Flyers at Canadiens | April 9, 2024 | Loss

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
This team needs an owner who actually cares....a passion about winning with enough brains to hire the right people for the job, smart enough to hire the right people and let them do their thing. I wanted to believe in Briere, but hasn't shown much. Comcast could give 2 shits.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This team needs an owner who actually cares....a passion about winning with enough brains to hire the right people for the job, smart enough to hire the right people and let them do their thing. I wanted to believe in Briere, but hasn't shown much. Comcast could give 2 shits.

They’re too beholden to their past. So you’re likely never going to get a real break away from it. We have to keep everything in the family & they’ll never hire someone outside their network. So you’re gonna get people who continue do things the same way because that’s the way it’s always been.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
They’re too beholden to their past. So you’re likely never going to get a real break away from it. We have to keep everything in the family & they’ll never hire someone outside their network. So you’re gonna get people who continue do things the same way because that’s the way it’s always been.
There's a guy on another board that had posted previously that has a contact that works for the Flyers, and he mentioned that in Snider's will, it was specifically outlined that Clarke, Holmgren, etc...will hold jobs forever with the organization

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
@BiggE

Eerily reminiscent of the ninth game of the 1981-82 season, that was a battle of unbeatens but the similarities begin with the lack of talented d-men for starters. Pat Quinn unfairly paid the price. Who is the modern day Frank Bathe? As I stated a few times, Doug Crossman, Brad Marsh, Brad McCrimmon and Mark Howe aren't around the corner today.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
@BiggE

Eerily reminiscent of the ninth game of the 1981-82 season, that was a battle of unbeatens but the similarities begin with the lack of talented d-men for starters. Pat Quinn unfairly paid the price. Who is the modern day Frank Bathe? As I stated a few times, Doug Crossman, Brad Marsh, Brad McCrimmon and Mark Howe aren't around the corner today.
When your D is a good 2nd pair (Sanheim/York) and a bunch of over the hill vets and struggling kids you’re pretty much screwed. And Bonk isn’t gonna be the next McCrimmon, let alone Mark Howe.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Should we @ him?

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 10.15.03 PM.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad