GDT: #79 - 04/04/16 | NEW YORK RANGERS @ columbus blue jackets | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
I expect a great game out of them tonight. They only play their best when they absolutely have too, and after they got boo'd off the ice, and know that we the fans & media are on them hard, they will buckle down and get it done tonight.

Famous last words..? :laugh:

But seriously, hope you`re right. I think they will get it done. LGR !

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Because the pressure to get it done wasn't as great then as it is now. It's psychological.

It's why so many playoff series have gone 7 games in recent years, they have trouble putting teams away when they don't absolutely have too. A psychological, team culture issue.

So, if they don't play great tonight, they will play great in the next game, and so forth?

How does one figure out when the pressure hits the boiling point?

What if they are currently unable to play a great game?

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 6m6 minutes ago

Joonas Korpisalo starting in goal for #CBJ tonight.

Scott Hartnell will not play tonight. #CBJ

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
When is the last time AV didn't change his lineup after two straight losses? Especially two losses like that?

Can we expect to see McIlrath or Lindberg in tonight?

Doubt it.

You know if Glass was benched, he'd be in. But yeah. The lineup isn't going to change. If anything, he'd bench Hayes.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
You know if Glass was benched, he'd be in. But yeah. The lineup isn't going to change. If anything, he'd bench Hayes.

Right, this is exactly my point.

AV has never hesitated to change the lineup after a few losses or shoddy play here and there... but when it's two rookies sitting in the pressbox? Heh.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Excited to see Sonny Milano tonight. Representing the local area. Kid has some skills.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Excited to see Sonny Milano tonight. Representing the local area. Kid has some skills.

A guy I was skating with used to train Milano a bit. Said he had sick skills, obviously, but wasn't sure if he was all there mentally.

Figures, since he's from Massapequa ;)

The US WJC team this year had what, 5 kids from Long Island? Nice to see the hometown kids make it. Doesn't even include Bracco, who I still think is going to be great.

LaFontaine, the Gulls, the Ferraro Brothers... they are doing great work with youth hockey on Long Island these days.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Same lines as past couple of nights, as per beat writers. Lindberg/McIlrath scratched.

I get a feeling AV is just keeping the lines together because of how close we are to the playoffs. It's very likely that we're going to make it, so might as well keep lines together and let them gel over the last few games.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Same lines as past couple of nights, as per beat writers. Lindberg/McIlrath scratched.

71249846-alain-vigneault-smiles-as-he-takes-questions-gettyimages.jpg

BarbaraAlphanse

I'm still expecting Mci in there tonight.

But I'm not too angry. If they keep losing they'll get into the Atlantic bracket

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
I'm still expecting Mci in there tonight.

But I'm not too angry. If they keep losing they'll get into the Atlantic bracket

I'm so glad we're back to begging for "easy" match-ups and hoping good teams get knocked off. So much better than having a good team you can be confident in.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'm so glad we're back to begging for "easy" match-ups and hoping good teams get knocked off. So much better than having a good team you can be confident in.

That is not good logic. In a vacuum, sure.

In real world, we had the most terrifying team in the league last year that was gunned for by every team we faced. It made life a lot harder. Injuries were sustained.

Give me the favorable match ups. And luck.

*Bob Richards*

Losing to Carolina was concerning, to Buffalo was alarming, but what happens if we lose tonight? DEFCON 2 or 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad