Post-Game Talk: #78: Flyers at Penguins, Sunday, April 3, 2016; MacDonald injury updated

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, there was no opportunity for an immediate response.

The "neutered" stuff is nonsense. We've seen The players stand up for each other after hits plenty of times this season. Even guys like Gagner have done it.

That was true for a while, but has seemed to be toned down the last quarter of the season. Probably because we have been playing a lot better and in control of more games. Still...the pot boiling over tonight would have been a good thing after letting them kick our ***** 3 straight.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Maybe I need to see the Macdonald hit again but, to me it looked like he was already falling head first into the boards before any contact was made. :dunno:
He was falling, but not into the boards. He wouldn't have made much contact with them without that whole 200-pounds-on-skates-connecting-at-a-high-rate-of-speed thingy.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Holy hell a lot of you are overreacting. The Penguins are one of the hottest teams in the league right now who play a system that completely exposes this team for the most part. Anyone expecting the Flyers to dominate was out of their mind. The Penguins are a different team now. Its not a matter of effort, they are simply a mediocre team that was outclassed by a much more talented team. They are still in a wildcard spot with a game in hand on Boston and Detroit. Even if they lose against the Penguins on the 9th, they can still beat the Leafs, Red Wings, and Islanders. Don't get all doom and gloom because of one game.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Holy hell a lot of you are overreacting. The Penguins are one of the hottest teams in the league right now who play a system that completely exposes this team for the most part. Anyone expecting the Flyers to dominate was out of their mind. The Penguins are a different team now. Its not a matter of effort, they are simply a mediocre team that was outclassed by a much more talented team. They are still in a wildcard spot with a game in hand on Boston and Detroit. Even if they lose against the Penguins on the 9th, they can still beat the Leafs, Red Wings, and Islanders. Don't get all doom and gloom because of one game.

This. They didn't play very well and Pitt did play well. That combined with the questionable no call equals losing a game - but it is one game. The Flyers haven't lost back to back games since February 14th. I expect them to come out firing on Wednesday night.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I hate the Penguins and their fans with a burning passion...

that is all.

Saddle up and take care of business Wednesday.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Why not get backed to what worked against Pittsburgh. Get in there heads. Start scrums after whistles. Get them off their game.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pens fans are salty little fools. :laugh:

Whining about Simmonds and showing an alarming lack of self awareness and common sense. Glad to see them upset though, they deserve to be as unhappy as possible.

Can't wait for Malkin and Crosby to be gone so they can be bottom dwellers for years, until they win the lottery again, and risk being moved (since their fanbase has proven that it isn't strong enough to stick around through hard times).

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
Wouldv'e been worth it. Missed the game. Just saw the boarding major on MacDonald. Whoops, Bettman's reffing his bum boy Crosby.

If Gudas had a chance to paralyze Crosby and didn't take it, I've lost respect for him.

I think its okay to dislike players. When Crosby entered the league and was coddled / showboated, etc., I can understand the lament. However, he was then and is now just a remarkable talent- whom has had a couple of hiccups along the way. Crosby has grown allot- dirty sanchez and all.

To say you have lost respect of Gudas because he did not try paralyze a player, and particularly a superstar player in the NHL is completely ridiculous and insulting. There are 700 players that make it to the NHL at a given time. To desire one of the best-of-the-best (not crosby, but ANY NHL player) to want to get paralyzed is disgusting.

Hating on rival players or players that you don't like (Barnaby, Avery, Cooke and the ilks of them) is fine, but to wish someone to have a completely debilitating injury is gross.

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
ESPN-era Clement was great.

I agree with that, but the play-by-play guy was great too. Loved the combo- and also, they were doing national telecasts. Clement has Clementia these days with beautiful Orange and Black butterflies circling around.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It used to be Gary Thorne, Bill Clement, & John Davidson who'd do the weekend games on ESPN/ABC. They were a pretty good trio.

Clement is just too much of a fan to be doing games for the Flyers. Everybody's going to homer it up a bit at times when calling a game for a team that pays you to do so but he's down right insulting with his insights during a game.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Wouldv'e been worth it. Missed the game. Just saw the boarding major on MacDonald. Whoops, Bettman's reffing his bum boy Crosby.

If Gudas had a chance to paralyze Crosby and didn't take it, I've lost respect for him.

Stop it with crap like this. You're making us all look bad.

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
It used to be Gary Thorne, Bill Clement, & John Davidson who'd do the weekend games on ESPN/ABC. They were a pretty good trio.

Clement is just too much of a fan to be doing games for the Flyers. Everybody's going to homer it up a bit at times when calling a game for a team that pays you to do so but he's down right insulting with his insights during a game.

Thanks. Gary Thorne- and I forgot John Davidson (loved his insight on "hot stove" on HNIC).

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
Team has been neutered.

Standing up for your fellow player is a must.

Embarrassingly soft for a Flyers team.

Well they did not do chicken-***** to stand-up for each other under Berube either, go figure. I get the standing up thing and am a huge advocate- yet, the Flyers are fighting for a playoff spot that nobody in the world thought they would have a shot at at X-mas time. In my days of playing in pee wee while we were competing for post game koolade and pizza, you took the name and number (time and place so to speak).

P.S. I never saw one Flyer challange ANY devil after the Stevens hit on Lindros. Just saying.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Somehow the Pens have turned it around and now own the Flyers.

Can't really put a finger on it... might be better Coaching and system or just flipping a mental switch. It's a tough pill to swallow though.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia

Can't really put a finger on it... might be better Coaching and system or just flipping a mental switch. It's a tough pill to swallow though.

I wonder if it would have gone differently if we played them more earlier in the season?? :dunno:

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Yep, the "narrative."

Manning is an AHL d-man and playing significant minutes on a team trying to make the playoffs.

And the alternative is? Especially, after AMac went down.
If the Flyers do miss playoffs, I do not think you can make Manning a scape goat for it.
Don't get me wrong, I want him off this team as badly as everyone else (with the exception of boxcar), but for right now there is nobody viable to replace him. I do not think Medi can take it.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville

Their coaches and GM put player/ system in place that our think tank has not solved yet. Flyers have been dominated in the neutral zone on both sides of the puck and they need to do something about it.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Pens fans are salty little fools. :laugh:

Whining about Simmonds and showing an alarming lack of self awareness and common sense. Glad to see them upset though, they deserve to be as unhappy as possible.

Can't wait for Malkin and Crosby to be gone so they can be bottom dwellers for years, until they win the lottery again, and risk being moved (since their fanbase has proven that it isn't strong enough to stick around through hard times).

It isn't strong enough to stick around right now as they are either up for sale or being put up for sale soon. Nobody is Pittsburgh cares. They didn't care for Lemieux or Jagr. It was only a matter of time before they stopped caring for Crosby and Malkin.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013

Jackson was silent for awhile after the Clement/Bundy whine-a-thon after the non-penalty.

I wonder if he thinks they go too far with that stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad