GDT: #74 - 03/28/15 | New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins | 1:00 - MSG, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Don't expect any calls for the Rangers down the stretch. Montreal-Boston & Washington-New York is the NHL's dream.

Last edited by a moderator:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@katiebakes: Dave Maloney on Brad Marchand: "I wanna fight him and I'm like 100 years old!"

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Don't expect any calls for the Rangers down the stretch. Montreal-Boston & Washington-New York is the NHL's dream.

This is true, Boston Montreal would be an amazing series, and NBC has sooo much old footage of us vs Washington they can make so many cool replay compilations.

Last edited by a moderator:

RangerDude

Mar 8, 2015
Because the puck was propelled into the net by the players foot, they should be blowing the play dead. Thats a moot point though, because it never touched McD
The puck never touched McDonagh's skates. It bounced off the ice.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
“@katiebakes: Dave Maloney on Brad Marchand: "I wanna fight him and I'm like 100 years old!"

I was listening the first two periods in the car, god I love Dave. I literally don't think the NHL would allow him to do TV because he just ***** all over everything that is wrong with this league.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Puck directed or batted into the net by a hand or foot or deliberately batted with any part of the attacking player’s body. With the use of a foot/skate, was a distinct kicking motion evident? If so, the apparent goal must be disallowed. A DISTINCT KICKING MOTION is one which the player propels the puck with his skate into the net. If the Video Goal Judge / League Office Video Room determines that it was put into the net by an attacking player using a distinct kicking motion, it must be ruled NO GOAL. This would also be true even if the puck, after being kicked, deflects off any other player of either team and then into the net. This is still NO GOAL. However, a puck that enters the goal after deflecting off an attacking player’s skate or that deflects off his skate while he is in the process of stopping, shall be ruled a good goal. See also 49.2.

Never mind bad call!

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
I think the kick can't be the last contact, so Mac touching it negates it. Although I'm not a rule book expert, by any means.

Well, the explanation they made on the ice was no kicking motion. They didn't say anything about deflection off McD, which they would have done if that were the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad