GDT: #73 | Flyers at Rangers | March 26, 2024 | 7:00 PM | NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Beautiful pass from Scotty boi

Remember Hextall demoted Laughton to the AHL and demanded he get zero PP time -- despite being their best ES forward -- to teach him how to play the RIGHT WAY? Ironically, he's really got a decent PP skill-set. I think about that a lot when it comes to Flyers player development.

This Frost line needs to play together for the rest of the year.

Who will TK and Tippett play with for the 8 years after?

3mFlyers

Nov 24, 2021
They have 2 threats. You let one take an uncontested shot, and you let the other one screen your goalie. Brilliant.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Poehling is very much nearing an unlock. He has been a disappointment in this career, but he could be a 40-point player if he was getting these chances at the start of the season, which means he will get them next season. A good bit of business to get him signed. Maybe he can even be their Chandler Stephenson.

I'd believe Poehling can be a 35-40 point 3C before I'd not bust a gut at the idea Cates is one. It's why trading Laughton this summer needs to not be whiffed on 3 times. His 5v5 scoring/individual numbers are basically identical to last season, but half his ice time this season has been with Hathaway and 1/5th with Deslauriers. I think Poehling has been visually more skilled than the numbers indicate, with middle 6 wingers, but I ranked Poehling like 13th in his draft year, funnily enough, so I've been out to lunch before. I also remember saying many times he'd be a really good net front PP player. Never would've guessed he'd be like a 90th percentile N-S skater -- using that is his swing trait -- but he has gained 30 lbs since his draft year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad