GDT: #72 - 03/24/15 | Los Angeles Kings @ New York Rangers | 7:00 - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Bob Richards*

I'm not defending it, don't get me wrong. Total **** play but we are only down one.

Anything can happen. :D

Jan 8, 2012
NY
If Nash really is injured, he should sit out. No excuse to keep playing when we're firmly in a playoff spot.

My guess is that he smelled the playoffs coming up and went right back to the playoff Nash we saw last year. One more **** playoff run and I'm done with him.

RangersOwnNewYork*

The rhetoric on this board is absurd. Is the score 10-1 and I missed it? We are playing a really good team that is desperate for points.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Man I forgot how good the kings were. ****they know how to play us.. just sit back and wait for us to make a mistake. If they make the playoffs might as well give them the cup

Does anyone remember how we played against ****ing Buffalo and Carolina? The only difference here, is they have a few guys that'll make us pay. IMHO, it's the Rangers playing like **** more than, they are sooooo amazing!

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
No, cuz they're better than this.

Its impossible to bring your A game every night but they've been stupid all night tonight.

And **** Tanner Glass, seriously.

The way I see it. Playoff time. Kings are in playoff mode and the only team that can stop them is a healthy hawks team. I hope they don't make the playoffs because I don't want to see another ***ing cup banner in LA.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
The rhetoric on this board is absurd. Is the score 10-1 and I missed it? We are playing a really good team that is desperate for points.

No, it's not absurd, it's concerning. It's the same way we played against the Lightning early on in the season and got crushed. It's a significant weakness we have and Sutter is taking advantage of it brilliantly. We are terrible against aggressive forechecking teams. It could easily be our downfall in the playoffs.

We are not tired, we are not showing a lack of effort, we are showing a lack of competency to make smart plays with the puck when a player is aggressively forechecking.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York

Just because it's only 2-1 doesn't mean you can't point out how awful they have been playing.

Yeah it's not over yet and that's great but they need to stop playing like beer league bums when they are clearly much better than this.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'm depressed that we finally get a team that supposedly can score goals, defend, goaltend, and win, and they're still not nearly good enough to win it all. Any good forechecking team will eat them up. I guess I always have the Giants.

Are you kidding me? We just went 18-3-3 and demolished every top team in the NHL along the way.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
I don't think the Kings are doing anything special. All they're doing is taking the body and not letting us get time on the puck. We know we're not going to win going down into the cockpit with them, so why all of the dump and chase? Look for openings and try to stretch the game. AV already had 5 games against this team last year, he hasn't learned yet?

Can something please (legally) be done to get Glass out of the lineup? Talbot took a lot of the blame for the second goal but I think L.A. were going to get it at some point anyway. We actually looked decent at the start of the period, then the 4th line came on and low and behold, L.A. put the cycle on and we were buried deep. Glass gives opponents on his wing so much space to work with, it's a joke.

Plenty of other dump plays around the ice. Hagelin, I don't know what he was thinking backtracking right into a Kings player. Passing has been all over the place. Nash hasn't looked right since his injury, real bad sign.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
We have some guys in cruise control.

Our captain can be so much better.
Nash isn't moving his feet.
Kreider isn't playing a physical style like he should.
Stepan is like a scared little girl

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Let's hope AV helps them make some adjustments for the third period similar to that game against the Isles

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Are you kidding me? We just went 18-3-3 and demolished every top team in the NHL along the way.

Demolished? Not at all. Just because we won games doesn't mean we demolished hte opposition Some games we did, like against Anaheim, but they are not a good forechecking team.

Our biggest weakness by far is aggressive forechecking teams, and it's been an issue all season long. I am honestly concerned that our players just can't handle it, that it isn't a lack of experience with our young kids or an off night or just being tired or whatever, but a legitimate issue that our game gets thrown out of whack and we can't find a way to be successful without AV's system. Aggressive forechecking takes that away, and all season long it's causes us fits. That doesn't mean we've lost every game against aggressive forechecking teams, but it's clear we struggled mightily, even in our wins. It's a legitimate concern, period, and it's silly to try and fanboy your way out of it. That is our team's biggest flaw by a country mile.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Amazing, that the Kings are where they are in the standings and they're STILL vastly superior to us. What a joke. I'd love to post something relevant to the game outside of that, but one team is clearly superior to the other. "Desperate for points" is a ****** argument. Every team in the playoffs is desperate. I long for last year's team that could possess the puck for more than 30% of the game.

How in the **** are you comparing this year to last year and think last year was a better possesion team? FFS. one bad game and people just start just yelling the most random things. Whoever posted that stop off the ledge picture was spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad