Post-Game Talk: #70: Capitals at FLYERS, Thursday, Mar. 14, 2019, 7:00 p.m. ET

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas

So if you're bored there's a whole bunch of Tocchet-Hunter fights on YouTube. Not reall fights ... basically in all of them Hunter just grabs onto Tocchet's midsection to make sure he can't throw any punches at him.

Hunter was very much a Tom Wilsonesque pseudo tough guy who wanted no part of real fighters. I don't think he ever gets a punch off. Tocchet was as good as anyone.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
We all had a bad feeling about this one. We really needed jake to have a chance. He likely would have allowed for a PP goal late to at least make it 3-4.

You get the feeling the leafs will be tough too haha. They came on strong offensively at the end but had a lot of issues that have been constant to start the game. Not even sure if we will see Anderson or not. At least we get jake back. Elliot looked better than Hart did tonight. Go all out would be the stance but this team never ever brings it in the first. Ever.

Reactions: BernieParent

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Poor giroux. If the Flyers don't get their s*** together I wouldn't be surprised if he asked for a trade within the next two to four years.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Our "system" is afwul. Big display tonight. Bad transition, awful neutral-zone defense, awful pressure.

Gordon can't stay here as a head coach for next season.

i was saying this in the other thread, he's just not the right coach against good competition and he cant beat those teams, if he cant beat those teams, then you are not a contender. it shows it. i think we have spoiled by playing against bad competation into thinking that gordon is better than everyone else and that's the wrong way to go about it because we are not playing those teams in the playoffs, it means you are flawed coach, coaches that can beat crap teams but cant beat the top talented teams, they are mediocre coaches that's it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad