Tribute 7 years ago today

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
When you start talking about "a game of inches"...this play went 100% the Penguins way...by mere inches. Literally every part of that play starting from when Bonino gained the zone was won by the Penguins by inches.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Really makes you appreciate all the memories that are made along the way in those cup runs.
I remember jumping around my room at 4am celebrating the OT winner. It's only been a year but I miss playoff hockey already, just sucks watching the other teams play at this time of the year while your team is golfing.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Remember how strong we looked in some of those early games. Felt really good about that series from the start.
And compare that to how we looked against Chicago’s AHL team at the end of the season…we’re like a beer league team now lol

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
And compare that to how we looked against Chicago’s AHL team at the end of the season…we’re like a beer league team now lol
Agreed, but i definitely think it can be fixed with a few moves and the right mix of players.

The same things that we have been talking about for the past few years. I was more heated than most at last seasons TDL when we had a green light to make moves and we come up with Granlund

Reactions: Andy99

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
That Kessel pass. Good lawd.

Also, you know how even on teams that are a big rival of your own rooting interest you can still find players you really cheer for in any other situation? For me that was Braden Holtby. Always really liked that dude.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
We got so ridiculously hot down the stretch that year. I remember people talking up other teams and just smiling and having that quiet confidence about our chances.

The game 6 series clincher against Washington was such a roller coaster ride of a game. We jumped all over them 3-0 that night but then had a huge meltdown. We somehow managed to take 3 straight delay of game penalties in the 3rd that allowed the Caps to tie the game. That sequence was one of my most angry moments as a sports fan. It felt like we had them and just made stupid mistakes that opened the door for them to come back. It reminded me of Jerome Bettis fumbling at the goal line against the Colts when we had Indy dead to rights in that playoff game. I was fuming mad. We got to OT and I think it was Hornqvist that looked to have a sure goal but a Washington player somehow prevented it from going in by batting the puck out of mid-air as it was about to go into the net. It was such a fluky/lucky break for the Caps that I was thinking in that moment that this just isn't going to be our night but then Bonino scored to win it. That team just always found a way to get it done. True champions in that regard.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
hockey is weird...if that drouin's goal was legit as it should have probably been, we don't win the cup ...its a fine line

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
3 straight Delay of Game penalties.

I remember my stream went out during the third period and I listened to Lange call it the rest of the way.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad