GDT: #7 | Flyers at Capitals | Wednesday, October 23rd, 2024 | 7:30 PM | TNT, 93.3 FM

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
FLYERS: 1-4-1 (Last in Metro)
CAPITALS: 4-1-0 (3rd in Metro)

1729662966080.png

BROADCAST

TNT
Max
Tru TV
93.3 FM

FLYERS LINEUP

Scott Laughton - Morgan Frost - Travis Konecny
Owen Tippett - Ryan Poehling - Matvei Michkov
Joel Farabee - Sean Couturier - Bobby Brink
Nicolas Deslauriers?? - Noah Cates - Garnet Hathaway
Jett Luchanko?? - Tyson Foerster???????????

Cam York - Travis Sanheim
Nick Seeler - Jamie Drysdale
Egor Zamula - Rasmus Ristolainen

Fedotov
Ersson

Injuries

Ryan Ellis (And unto thee I came, as she desired;/I have delivered thee from that wild beast,/Which barred the beautiful mountain’s short ascent. )

CAPITALS LINEUP

Aliaksei Protas - Dylan Strome - Alex Ovechkin
Connor McMichael - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Tom Wilson
Jakub Vrana - Hendrix Lapierre - Andrew Mangiapane
Brandon Duhaime - Nic Dowd - Taylor Raddysh

Jakob Chychrun - John Carlson
Rasmus Sandin - Trevor van Riemsdyk
Martin Fehervary - Dylan McIlrath

Thompson
Lindgren

Injuries

Matt Roy (DTD)
Nicklas Backstrom (IR)
T.J. Oshie (IR)

GDT SONG

STATS

Pending, daily update hasn't dropped​

Reactions: trostol

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

Let's go Flyers baby, love da Flyers.

Hoping for a no-doubter loss tonight. A real brutal 7-2, 8-0 type affair. Kill the playoff pipe dream very, very early in the season and see what this franchise does once it can't pretend that there's some STANDARD or PROCESS going on. If Fedotov's in net, I think we can see some real magic tonight.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's very early, but this is supposed to be a part of the year where the grueling camp is a major advantage because they have their legs under them.

It doesn't matter either way because right now this looks like a set of players who have played the same way with minimal variance for a long time and the league has it figured out. Every lane is taken. Entries are defended.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
It's very early, but this is supposed to be a part of the year where the grueling camp is a major advantage because they have their legs under them.

It doesn't matter either way because right now this looks like a set of players who have played the same way with minimal variance for a long time and the league has it figured out. Every lane is taken. Entries are defended.

And from a competitive standpoint, this looks like the same team that rolled over and died for two months at the end of last season. Utterly feckless and embarrassing. They're basic and predictable and their hearts aren't in it.

Glad this is another national broadcast. This is a big opportunity for them. It might not seem important what network the game is on, but more eyes around the continent plus a broadcast and intermission crew that don't work for the team are a good way to turn up the heat a bit. It may be early in the season, but this is a must-die, they need to really step up and get their shit rocked tonight.

Last edited:

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
And from a competitive standpoint, this looks like the same team that rolled over and died for two months at the end of last season. Utterly feckless and embarrassing. They're basic and predictable and their hearts aren't in it.

Glad this is another national broadcast. This is a big opportunity for them. It might not seem important what network the game is on, but more eyes around the continent plus a broadcast and intermission crew that don't work for the team are a good way to turn up the heat a bit. It may be early in the season, but this is a must-die, they need to really step up and get their shit rocked tonight.

Agree that they are playing like March 2024 -->, but the hustle, heart, and will to win is still there. Just awful play. Team never gave up last year either

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So Kolosov is scheduled to leave in a week if he isn't in the NHL, and the team is deciding to play Fedorov again?
Kolosov has started all 3 Phantoms games so far. I think he will get two starts this weekend, and then after that they'll have to decide whether to do the hokey cokey with him and Fedotov.

Or free up a roster spot by sending Luchanko to the OHL, and carrying 3 goalies

Last edited:
Reactions: freakydallas13

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Kolosov has started all 3 Phantoms games so far. I think he will get another start or two this weekend, and then after that they'll have to decide whether to do the hokey cokey with him and Fedotov.

Or free up a roster spot by sending Luchanko to the OHL, and carrying 3 goalies

Honestly, considering how f***ing ugly the goalie situation is and that Luchanko should get offense time in the OHL, I don't see it being a problem to go with 3 goalies. Fedotov is probably gonna shit the bed so you my as well give Kolosov a shot at the NHL level.

Reactions: Rich Nixon

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia

Isn't it the opposite, with them potentially being with heavy legs (I really don't know the term in English, what's the opposite of peak?), which then pays off later in the season as physical workouts are lowered? Surely, one cannot compare my measly amateur floorball experience with NHL, thus the above can be total bs.

I don't expect anything good from this game, even if they manage to win somehow. Just hoping Matvei gets a point (the betting odds were too tempting).

(Edit: re: managing to win, Fedotov is starting, right? Le sigh).

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The most concerning thing might have been that Ersson got sloppy as the game went on last night. Playing in front of this team is already wearing him down.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Their problem right now isn't legs, it's pressing.
Even Michkov is forcing passes to no one.
Teams go through this every year, just that they picked the start of the season, compounded by the West Coast trip.

It would also help if the goalies would come up with a couple big saves, Lindgren made those saves, Ersson didn't.
And a little luck as well, hitting a lot of posts to start the season.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

Imagine having to admit the Torts stupid rope test is a complete failure.

Reactions: Curufinwe

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Torts only has a few moves, weaken the team by benching Frost and Brink , we have seen this script numerous times.

All Deelow showed last night is he is cooked as a player and can't even win a fight vs a guy that Simmer shit kicked.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY

Let's go Flyers baby, love da Flyers.

Hoping for a no-doubter loss tonight. A real brutal 7-2, 8-0 type affair. Kill the playoff pipe dream very, very early in the season and see what this franchise does once it can't pretend that there's some STANDARD or PROCESS going on. If Fedotov's in net, I think we can see some real magic tonight.
To think that weiner Fletcher could have parlayed a better return, and could have resigned Giroux for probably fair or less than market value. Our center depth would be that much better. That was the season they drafted Michkov as well so they could of had them both

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
It's an away game, so I wager they will score 5.

Sadly, Fedotov will allow 6.

I'd like to see Michkov get a few points. I thought he struggled in both home games.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Frost scratched but golden boy Tipperino has no consequences for his piss poor play so far this season.

Sounds about right. What are the chances Frost and Brink (the 2 players who are always scratched) are actually banged up, instead of Torts just doing his go to move?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad