7-22-4

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
Tied for 2nd in the league with losses, with better or close to the same win% as the president trophy winners for the last 3 years, they are going to lose some games.
You would almost think that is how we would be this year(7-22-4) looking at some of the posts. Some of these comments are hilarious.

Allen/Souray are very much needed. If you think thats bad imagine having Fowler/Vatanen/Lindholm/Sbisa(kinda) all in the same line. I am sure 3 offensive minded Dmen (and kinda Sbisa) would really help out this team. Visnovsky was another offensive defence, the entire defence could have been 90% focused on offence. The expectation was for them to be the 5/6 D, in my mind atleast.

Fighters don't protect players (except in Gretzky's case). Take tonight for example. Players will always run Perry to get him to take penalties, boyle is out against Perry. By the time Staubitz comes out, Boyle will be gone and instead fights a 4th liner which does nothing. Only way a person protects another, is being on the same line as them. A top player can cheapshot a top players and 99% of the time never be on at the same time as a teams fighter.

I like how a big complaint about tonights game was because Beleskey was missing, he was in the last 3 games throwing hits, and they lost. What makes you think that tonight would have been any different then last three.

Apart from the old guys that aren't playing the greatest, this is a young team. Everyone thought at best it would be a bubble year(many thought they would be last), but they have done good and its brought the imagine of them being a great team. Anaheim could be a upset team, and in 2 or 3 years be a dominating force when some of these players get older.

Hiller plays best when he is playing often, flip flopping has to stop and let him take over. Despite one blip (tonight) he has been playing stellar lately.

Just to remind some people, understand the age of the players on this team, mistakes are going to happen.

Fowler -21
Sbisa -23
Etem - 20
Holland -22
Palmieri -22
Belesky -24
Bonino -24

Anyways /rant, 4 games against 2 teams, 3 games with strong goalies, one real bad game (tonight) and a couple bad starts. Its a slump, slumps end at some point. I would rather lose 8 now and start getting hot again. Then burn out and finish the season on a couple losts that carry into playoffs. Ducks needed this.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
How about the concept of sending out our tough players initiating the rough play not waiting to retaliate? Something this coach has no concept of. If seemed like all teams used to scratch their enforcers teams like Detroit etc and against Anaheim you would play all your tough players but now you know it will be a joke. Even Detroit scratched Tootoo against us. Carlyle is doing the same thing down in Toronto forcing Ottawa to get Kassian

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
How about the concept of sending out our tough players initiating the rough play not waiting to retaliate? Something this coach has no concept of. If seemed like all teams used to scratch their enforcers teams like Detroit etc and against Anaheim you would play all your tough players but now you know it will be a joke. Even Detroit scratched Tootoo against us. Carlyle is doing the same thing down in Toronto forcing Ottawa to get Kassian

What difference does Staubitz hitting/fighting a 4th line player do to a 1st line player taking a run at a 1st line player.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
What difference does Staubitz hitting/fighting a 4th line player do to a 1st line player taking a run at a 1st line player.

He should be told to be aggressive against opposing teams star players
forcing other teams to adapt you know how a certain Stanley Cup winning coach used to do? This team, coach and style of play is not suited for playoff hockey and it never has been. BB is a one dimensional coach but keep worshipping him im not the only as attendance is atrocious

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
We need Maroon and PL3 to be called up so they can set a physical tone. No energy. Dvorak and Steckel are soft and useless

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
We need Maroon and PL3 to be called up so they can set a physical tone. No energy. Dvorak and Steckel are soft and useless

1 game is enough to judge Dvorak on? Steckel is second on the team in faceoff wins, but that is useless. He is also middle in the team on hits, higher then some of the others who have played more games, but is soft.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Tied for 2nd in the league with losses, with better or close to the same win% as the president trophy winners for the last 3 years, they are going to lose some games.
You would almost think that is how we would be this year(7-22-4) looking at some of the posts. Some of these comments are hilarious.

Allen/Souray are very much needed. If you think thats bad imagine having Fowler/Vatanen/Lindholm/Sbisa(kinda) all in the same line. I am sure 3 offensive minded Dmen (and kinda Sbisa) would really help out this team. Visnovsky was another offensive defence, the entire defence could have been 90% focused on offence. The expectation was for them to be the 5/6 D, in my mind atleast.

Fighters don't protect players (except in Gretzky's case). Take tonight for example. Players will always run Perry to get him to take penalties, boyle is out against Perry. By the time Staubitz comes out, Boyle will be gone and instead fights a 4th liner which does nothing. Only way a person protects another, is being on the same line as them. A top player can cheapshot a top players and 99% of the time never be on at the same time as a teams fighter.

I like how a big complaint about tonights game was because Beleskey was missing, he was in the last 3 games throwing hits, and they lost. What makes you think that tonight would have been any different then last three.

Apart from the old guys that aren't playing the greatest, this is a young team. Everyone thought at best it would be a bubble year(many thought they would be last), but they have done good and its brought the imagine of them being a great team. Anaheim could be a upset team, and in 2 or 3 years be a dominating force when some of these players get older.

Hiller plays best when he is playing often, flip flopping has to stop and let him take over. Despite one blip (tonight) he has been playing stellar lately.

Just to remind some people, understand the age of the players on this team, mistakes are going to happen.

Fowler -21
Sbisa -23
Etem - 20
Holland -22
Palmieri -22
Belesky -24
Bonino -24

Anyways /rant, 4 games against 2 teams, 3 games with strong goalies, one real bad game (tonight) and a couple bad starts. Its a slump, slumps end at some point. I would rather lose 8 now and start getting hot again. Then burn out and finish the season on a couple losts that carry into playoffs. Ducks needed this.

no offense but you are uneducated regarding the role of an enforcer

Heres what a star Kadri a skill player (about Colton Orr who i take his word over you in your pj's streaming a game

“I kind of knew that maybe I could run around there a little more,†Kadri added, chuckling. “Have a couple more hits. And no one really talked to me. Definitely his presence is felt out there. Guys know when he’s on the ice. I don’t know if you want to go in the same corner with that guy.â€

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
1 game is enough to judge Dvorak on? Steckel is second on the team in faceoff wins, but that is useless. He is also middle in the team on hits, higher then some of the others who have played more games, but is soft.

Dvorak is not physical enough to be an effective player. He's decent, but does not belong on a 4th line. Steckel is useless other than faceoffs. He brings nothing to the team other than some soft hits that don't strike fear into anyone. Need some meaner 4th liners that actually punish on the forecheck

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl

:shakehead
ugh what is it with our fanbase you know damn well dvorak and players like him in the past add nothing to a 4th line

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Perfectly said by Kadri. Too bad BB will never realize that our stars are getting abused.

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
no offense but you are uneducated regarding the role of an enforcer

Heres what a star Kadri a skill player (about Colton Orr who i take his word over you in your pj's streaming a game

“I kind of knew that maybe I could run around there a little more,” Kadri added, chuckling. “Have a couple more hits. And no one really talked to me. Definitely his presence is felt out there. Guys know when he’s on the ice. I don’t know if you want to go in the same corner with that guy.”

Nice, PJ's streaming a game.

But you might not have realized, you said I was correct in your quote. As he said players don't want to push anything when he is ON THE ICE. Sure players won't run around taking heads when Staubitz its out. Staubitz isn't out with Perry, or even the second line.

Did Neil stop any of Ottawa's players from getting hurt?

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

But you might not have realized, you said I was correct in your quote. As he said players don't want to push anything when he is ON THE ICE. Sure players won't run around taking heads when Staubitz its out. Staubitz isn't out with Perry, or even the second line.

That's not the point. If Staubitz is dressed...people are less likely to take runs at our stars because they know LATER ON IN THE GAME, Staubitz could come take their head off. That is the role of an enforcer

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl

Did Neil stop any of Ottawa's players from getting hurt?

do you even understand the point Kadri was making?
ask Ottawa fans how they feel about the Kassian addition

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
That's not the point. If Staubitz is dressed...people are less likely to take runs at our stars because they know LATER ON IN THE GAME, Staubitz could come take their head off. That is the role of an enforcer

thats the key

No one is saying it will everytime if it stops even 5% it does more good than dressing Dvorak

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
thats the key

No one is saying it will everytime if it stops even 5% it does more good than dressing Dvorak

And it's not like Dvorak is some offensive savior. He's nothing special. Staubitz has way more value because of physical play

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
And it's not like Dvorak is some offensive savior. He's nothing special. Staubitz has way more value because of physical play

How so if the teams leader in hits (beleskey) plays in 3 games and lose each. How does a player with about the same amount of hits per game and less offensive ability be dfferent then what beleskey did.

So since the teams hit leader didnt do anything those 3 games they changed it up. So putting in the same type of player changes nothing

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
How so if the teams leader in hits (beleskey) plays in 3 games and lose each. How does a player with about the same amount of hits per game and less offensive ability be dfferent then what beleskey did.

So since the teams hit leader didnt do anything those 3 games they changed it up. So putting in the same type of player changes nothing

Ugh. You're still missing the point. Enjoy this boring style of hockey while we continue to lose games and get pushed around

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

I hope you aren't referring to Boyle taking a run at Perry. FFS, it was Dan Boyle, and he only did it because Perry literally punched him in the face on their 4th goal. Perry is smart enough to know he was going to get repercussions for that.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

Ugh. You're still missing the point. Enjoy this boring style of hockey while we continue to lose games and get pushed around

I don't think he is, I think the point he is trying to make is that neither Beleskey nor Staubitz will really deter anyone.

BTW, as a self proclaimed Beleskey supporter, I miss Beleskey in the lineup. Dude is pure energy, and stupidity, at times. :laugh:, but you can never question his effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad