GDT: #7 ⋅ Ducks @ Rangers ⋅ 4:00 PM PDT

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
View attachment 922132

Not only were people wrong about his skating, but Leo is a BURNER. Especially for his size.
His speed was really noticeable tonight, he was decently quick last year but he's moving even faster now. I know he had the hat trick game and everything last year but honestly i think tonight might have been his best game yet.

I am curious to see how Leo and Z would look together, Z is one of the few guys we have who can process the game at a similar level

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ducks played hard after that bad 1st period but they need to get more offense outside of Leo and Terry.

That Leo play and Zell goal I literally cheered and people turning their heads like WTF? lol

Major issues with Killorn and some of the other vets. They need to get going.

Wheatens

Oct 20, 2023
His speed was really noticeable tonight, he was decently quick last year but he's moving even faster now. I know he had the hat trick game and everything last year but honestly i think tonight might have been his best game yet.

I am curious to see how Leo and Z would look together, Z is one of the few guys we have who can process the game at a similar level
I really liked them together early last season. They would connect with nice little passes in the neutral zone during transition and I agree that they think the game similarly when it comes to offense. It becomes a question of who you drop off Leo's line?

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I really liked them together early last season. They would connect with nice little passes in the neutral zone during transition and I agree that they think the game similarly when it comes to offense. It becomes a question of who you drop off Leo's line?
I've liked Fabbri with him, i think if you move Z to be with Leo you still need Fabbri's tenacity on the forecheck and hunting pucks. So i guess Gauthier.

Reactions: Wheatens

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Gauthier. He’s been mediocre to invisible to bad outside of one game.

Wheatens

Oct 20, 2023
I've liked Fabbri with him, i think if you move Z to be with Leo you still need Fabbri's tenacity on the forecheck and hunting pucks. So i guess Gauthier.
Gauthier. He’s been mediocre to invisible to bad outside of one game.
Yeah I was thinking Gauthier too. It will be interesting since then it becomes the line from earlier this season, just swapping MacT and Leo haha.

DuckRogers10

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2016
Cypress, CA
Ducks played hard after that bad 1st period but they need to get more offense outside of Leo and Terry.

That Leo play and Zell goal I literally cheered and people turning their heads like WTF? lol

Major issues with Killorn and some of the other vets. They need to get going.
The Ducks just didn't play hard, they played a good 2nd and 3rd period. Just got screwed by the refs by giving the Rags the soccer goal. Should've went to OT at least.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
They won't sit a guy making that much money lol
IMG_5482.jpeg

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I'm totally ok with this game.

They played hard. They were really competitive with one of the best teams in the league on the road. I know they only got one goal, but they were good on the power play, they generated some decent chances, and it was entertaining. Some specific thoughts:
  • The Ducks don't have a Panarin or a Fox, both true superstars. Carlsson was incredible and can get to the level of Panarin, but they don't really have a d-man who projects to be as good as Fox. Hopefully Mintyukov can get there.
  • Killorn is awful. I don't know what the solution to that particular problem is, but I'd rather see Colangelo, Regenda, or Nesterenko in the lineup. Not once this season have I said, "Nice play by Killorn." He's a turnover machine.
  • They certainly got better as the game went on, but their breakout is still ineffective. Way too many turnovers trying to get the puck out of the zone. They just can't seem to connect with each other in a cohesive way. I feel like that's coaching.
  • Zegras was better this game, but they need him to be dynamic. He needs to make plays and he's just not.
  • This was McTavish's best game of the season. He still committed a really stupid penalty.
If the team plays like this the rest of the season, I can live with it, despite the result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad