OT: 63rd Obsequious Banter Thread: I Wish Lappy Was Gone 63 Days Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Yeah too many times to count. This was my fix when this issue first came up, but my screen hasn’t come on in 2 days now.

Yeah brightness level is fine. I just threw in the towel and ordered a new one. I was about due anyway.

If that was your fix to get it working initially and a secondary HDMI cable displays the monitor then either the monitor is broken or the cable is toast. Either way ordering a new one is probably the right move. If you're somewhat (tech savvy) you could open it up and see the potential problem.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That 2004 Flyers team might be my all-time favorite (only 2 years old in 1987)

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Wouldn't piss in his ******* if he sat on a jellyfish
giphy.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hey, you guys want to hear something absolutely hilarious? Darius Rucker is on "Celebrity Undercover Boss," right, and he is supposedly going undercover to discover unknown talent or some ****, I don't know. So anyway, in the preview, they show him getting the makeup put on for his disguise, and he is heading up on stage in disguise and he goes:

"I'm just going to have to try to sing as bad as I can so they don't recognize me."

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey ****ing Hootie, what the **** have you been doing all this time if not that?

Hootie, are you ****ing telling me that all this time you have been TRYING to sing?

OMG HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

****ing Hootie, man, hahahaha

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hey, you guys want to hear something absolutely hilarious? Darius Rucker is on "Celebrity Undercover Boss," right, and he is supposedly going undercover to discover unknown talent or some ****, I don't know. So anyway, in the preview, they show him getting the makeup put on for his disguise, and he is heading up on stage in disguise and he goes:

"I'm just going to have to try to sing as bad as I can so they don't recognize me."

Hey ****ing Hootie, what the **** have you been doing all this time if not that?

Hootie, are you ****ing telling me that all this time you have been TRYING to sing?

With A Little Love

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

You are my spirit animal

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Please don’t tell me you hate Hootie & the Blowfish.

Reactions: Jray42

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I moved back to the Philly area for work about two months ago, and I've spent the bulk of the last 6 weeks in North/Northeast Philly. God, the majority of this city has gone to complete shit.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I moved back to the Philly area for work about two months ago, and I've spent the bulk of the last 6 weeks in North/Northeast Philly. God, the majority of this city has gone to complete ****.
I work in the NE.....the area where I work has changed drastically in the last 20 years and not necessarily for the better. Downtown has gotten better and keeps gentrifying and other pockets. Hence why lower income people get pushed to the confines. Philadelphia in general still has a pretty high poverty rate. It has become a big draw for millenials though..one of the top cities in the US for that actually. I still love Philly all around...

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I don’t like country but hootie isn’t bad in that genre. I have to give credit where it’s due.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I like Darius. Definitely one of my go to’s before bed. Puts me right to sleep.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I moved back to the Philly area for work about two months ago, and I've spent the bulk of the last 6 weeks in North/Northeast Philly. God, the majority of this city has gone to complete ****.

North is still faaaaaaaar worse than Northeast. That being said, i'm moving out of the Northeast for the first time in my 33 years this October :laugh:

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Just got back from Minneapolis, what a nice, clean, friendly city. Wore my Eagles championship shirt around town on Saturday, Vikings were playing the Jags at noon, and not a single person said anything. If the roles were reversed, I wouldn't be here typing this right now. That stadium is monsterous by the way, wow, beautiful building

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Just got back from Minneapolis, what a nice, clean, friendly city. Wore my Eagles championship shirt around town on Saturday, Vikings were playing the Jags at noon, and not a single person said anything. If the roles were reversed, I wouldn't be here typing this right now. That stadium is monsterous by the way, wow, beautiful building

They were dicks to me and my wife in February.

Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad