6 Goalies ?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This is a kind of odd thread to see come up in a playoffs where there have been a huge number of big comebacks.

Is it just a "my team lost" thread?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The higher the stakes get the more conservative the teams play.

It’s always been this way, it sucks but there’s nothing you can do about it except ban coaches .

You could guarantee that coaches won't be fired due to team or player performance. We know you can't trust players, and certainly not multi-millionaire pros. They get to choose whether or not to show up. You can't blame a coach for that. But you also can't just get rid of the player, because of the PA. It should be guaranteed contracts for guaranteed performance. Or at least guaranteed effort.

Or, it doesn't really matter about coaches, because players would end up playing conservatively at the highest level with the highest stakes. Unless you're one of the actual handful of game changing players in the league. But those guys are Chad's playing the game at a different level.

Reactions: ORRFForever

NotASheep

Feb 23, 2019
as an Oiler fan it was my greatest concern that our D would not be able to shutdown the game. It is the playoffs and everyone plays D. Goal scorer gets you into the playoffs and D keeps you alive in the D. The switch gets flipped

Reactions: ORRFForever

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I know goals are supposed to be tough to come by in the playoffs but too many team are getting up a goal and then going into a shell - 6 players playing goalie. It is no fun to watch.

Having said that, I'm not sure how the NHL could put an end to it - if it chose to.

Anyone else find the same thing?
Yes. Seems like several teams this year decided to play 5vs5 like they're killing a penalty once their oppo got possession in the Ozone. Luckily* (I would rather the Canucks were still playing) the worst offenders are eliminated by now.

Reactions: nturn06

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad