GDT: #6 | Capitals at Flyers | Tuesday, October 22, 2024 | 6:00 PM Frenzy Time | ESPN

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Oh and the Drysdale trade is officially awful.

Glass man. Bust. No point in trying to dunk on Gauthier anymore. He’s already better.
Uh, Cutter has hardly been lighting up the scoresheet either....0 points in 5 games and Duck fans are calling for him to be sent to the minors.....but hey....whom am I to disrupt a narrative.

I hope you guys don't think I don't like you all anymore or anything, I just really don't have any interest in this team at all anymore.
I do....Michkov alone makes them team interesting and his rise to the top.....

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
This has been quite the ugly start. Other teams beat our forecheck with like two quick passes and boom, they're flying through the neutral zone. Meanwhile, any time the puck goes in our D zone, you just know it's going to take a yeoman's effort just to find some way to desperately clear the zone. You can forget about flying through the neutral zone. They look so discombobulated out there.

Reactions: BernieParent

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Uh, Cutter has hardly been lighting up the scoresheet either....0 points in 5 games and Duck fans are calling for him to be sent to the minors.....but hey....whom am I to disrupt a narrative.

I do....Michkov alone makes them team interesting and his rise to the top.....
It would be pretty hilarious since the Flyers dynamically priced that game against the Ducks in January and have him not even be on their roster.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
1st words out of Johns postgame "we just dont finish". Gee John wonder what keeps this team from finishing? Did they not play the right way enough? If only they played in the teams "structure" a bit more, you know the structure that is anemic to creating offense. Good grief. Lame game all around really wasnt a stand out from anyone. Hope this puts the "the team needs Nicky Fists" crap to bed.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
@Striiker I can’t believe I let you talk me into thinking this team was on the right track.
1729649611453.jpeg

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
This year might finally break me
Break you from what? Your mom still packs your lunch.

Not sure if it's just the Flyers' propagandists or other games I've been watching, but I keep on hearing "you just don't know what a defenseman is until they've played 300 games!"
I love how one of the selling points of the trade was "wants to be here". :laugh:

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Went to the game and here are my observations....
  • they had some nice passing plays except for one small item - no one can receive a pass cleanly
  • MM had several wonderful passes -- to no one. No one seems to understand that when MM has the puck, regardless of where he is, the puck is going to the slot. The rest of the team is just not used to playing along side actual talent
  • ND's fight did nothing for the team, but now he will be inserted in every game with Frost, Brink and Forrester rotating scratches

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Actually I’m surprised that the defense is as bad as it is. Shaw has done a decent job of making them play at least mediocre hockey. Right now they are God awful on the blue line. Torts’ inability to get create decent play up front is allowing the defense to be crushed.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Well, the good news is all the people who wanted to tank so they get to draft talent to play with Michkov should be happier. Hagens, Frondell, McQueen, etc. Lots of good centers in the next draft.

But boy do they suck for this season.

that's why I don't get all the anger in the gameday thread.....joy should be in the air.
Anger stems from the fact that they aren't tanking the team is just bad. This was the front offices idea of a good team run by good coaches and they have been categorically wrong at every turn. That means that they will most likely f*** up the high pick they are about to blunder into, thus continuing the cycle of mediocrity.

Edit: it's not even mediocre at this point it's just bad. Mediocre is what this team aspires to accomplish and they are failing at that

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Some of the worst Zone Entries i've seen...maybe change it up a bit!? Losing the puck at the line every time you try to skate it in or any time your d tries to play the puck...

images

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
that's why I don't get all the anger in the gameday thread.....joy should be in the air.
I think part of it is as a fan you will always want your team to win. It feels dirty actually rooting for your team to lose even if it’s for the best. The only way to get a top pick though is an ugly season where there isn’t much joy involved

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Anger stems from the fact that they aren't tanking the team is just bad. This was the front offices idea of a good team run by good coaches and they have been categorically wrong at every turn. That means that they will most likely f*** up the high pick they are about to blunder into, thus continuing the cycle of mediocrity.

Edit: it's not even mediocre at this point it's just bad. Mediocre is what this team aspires to accomplish and they are failing at that
That's why there SHOULD be joy.....I was expecting a mediocre team get 14th pick and another middle 6 prospect. But it looks like their attempt of a step forward will fail, which obviously is a good thing. Just get talent in the building first, then hopefully this management/ownership is replaced if they continue to stink the joint. Wishing for an Ed Snider re-incarnate.

I know it's hard to be positive, but you gotta search for and grab on to it somehow. They finish bottom 3 and grab a stud 1C, next season's excitement willl double this year's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad