GDT: #6 | Capitals at Flyers | Tuesday, October 22, 2024 | 6:00 PM Frenzy Time | ESPN

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't have a problem in principle with Luchanko not playing with a back to back, though he should be playing the home game instead of the road game, but Forester should not be not playing. Of course, whenever he gets going, they'll act like this is why it worked.

Last edited:

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024
Young Russian Machine meets Old Russian Machine. We have a good chance as long as broken Russian Goalie Machine isn't in the net.

Reactions: BillDineen

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
IMG_1255.png

I never knew during the sex question you could pick OK

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Foerster is a bit beat up, this may be just giving him a breather.

Deslauriers is going to play every 5th to 10th game just to keep him sharp, that's pretty standard for your veteran backups. But so much for those who said he'd be blocking anyone.

If they were looking for a center, I'd talk to Buffalo about Laughton.
They need a kick start.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think Foerster is a bit beat up, this may be just giving him a breather.

Deslauriers is going to play every 5th to 10th game just to keep him sharp, that's pretty standard for your veteran backups. But so much for those who said he'd be blocking anyone.

If they were looking for a center, I'd talk to Buffalo about Laughton.
They need a kick start.

He is actively blocking anyone sitting right now. This team doesn't give a shit about players being banged up. They're scared shitless of Wilson. It's that simple and sad.

Reactions: BiggE

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I've been trying to guess how bad the Flyers would have to be through 10 or 15 games for Torts to get sacked. I'm thinking 3-10-2 or something like that might do it.

They could finish 8-70-4, with Tortorella in the press box every game after January, and the team narrative would still be spun in his favor.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I've been trying to guess how bad the Flyers would have to be through 10 or 15 games for Torts to get sacked. I'm thinking 3-10-2 or something like that might do it.

One would hope, but I don’t see it. There would have to be a full on implosion, like a 15 game losing streak, to see them get rid of him. Torts has been vocally tempering things too, (inwardly he wants playoffs) but he’s smart enough to realize the team is still shit and he can rely on that/low expectations to keep him around longer.

Reactions: mize370

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
One would hope, but I don’t see it. There would have to be a full on implosion, like a 15 game losing streak, to see them get rid of him. Torts has been vocally tempering things too, (inwardly he wants playoffs) but he’s smart enough to realize the team is still shit and he can rely on that/low expectations to keep him around longer.
Torts said two years ago it would probably take 5-6 years (longer than his contract).
This year he downplayed any talk of POs in TC.

He's not relying on low expectations, he created them because he couldn't call this a playoff team with a straight face.

It's pretty obvious they're 2-3 years away, the time it'll take for the 2025 draft to arrive and the players in the pipeline to fill out the LHV roster and push for bottom six/3rd pair jobs.

They're not trying to tank, they're just not doing anything that would prevent that outcome.

To them it's win-win, young players step up, they're closer to their goal and don't care they draft 20th, young players don't step up they have a great draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad