GDT: #6| Canes vs. Pens | Fri. Oct. 18 7:00 PM EST |PPG| NHLN, SN-PIT, BSSO | Mario Bobble head on my B-day ....And Justice For All

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Hey our boys got their milestones…that’s all we can expect…Sid and G are probably done playing hard for the points the rest of the season lol

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Every time I think of the Pens trading Guentzel but keeping Rust:

1729301087002.gif

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I think this is a massive hindsight review for Erod on L1.

I specifically remember me arguing "Guentzel and Crosby should be a successful line even with ERod at RW" when everyone was saying the 1st line was failing due to ERod.

Erod wasn’t good enough but he had a pulse.
Beau is just there. Erod has way more individual drive than beau. The argument was Erod was better in a depth role because he carried the puck and did to much.

Erod issue was that he would do to much try to hard and disrupt the line. He was still a much better player.

Beau does jack and barely looks like he is hustling at times. He looks like he’s a vet who doesn’t have to try

Reactions: BillyOcean

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I guy like IMANA would offer Sid much more help than Beaver. It would never happen, but I believe that to be so. At least he would provide jam.. and that's something.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I didn't expect Beau to be very good.

I do expect Rust to be good. He's looked checked out all season.
Because he isn't the right fit for Sid like Rakell is and Raks on that line actually helps both a ton. But no we need Beauvillier for 6 f***ing games being a useless tit with insane usage that so many others wish they'd get and have deserved it and never got it.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I feel like this season has just confirmed what we know about this team: they can't hang with the big boys, beat up on bad teams and are competitive with mediocre teams. Hence why they're a mediocre team.

Erod wasn’t good enough but he had a pulse.
Beau is just there. Erod has way more individual drive than beau. The argument was Erod was better in a depth role because he carried the puck and did to much.

Erod issue was that he would do to much try to hard and disrupt the line. He was still a much better player.

Beau does jack and barely looks like he is hustling at times. He looks like he’s a vet who doesn’t have to try

Eh like I said, I think this is a bigtime revisionist view of ERod on L1. I don't know why I remember this, but people were downright heated and angry about him playing RW with Crosby and Guentzel. I actually think people were angrier about ERod ruining L1 than they were about Beauvillier on L1.

I'm not saying your thoughts on Beauvillier are wrong, it's just that I think people hated ERod very similarly (and arguably even more) than Beavuillier in that spot. I wouldn't even remotely bet on Beauviller having that bounceback that ERod had, though.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
I think Sid is doing this on purpose tonight
Could be. I don’t think he likes playing with Beau but somehow everyone on here thinks he’s insisting on it. I haven’t seen any proof of that but it wouldn’t be the first time this board pretends to know what he demands.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Could be. I don’t think he likes playing with Beau but somehow everyone on here thinks he’s insisting on it. I haven’t seen any proof of that but it wouldn’t be the first time this board pretends to know what he demands.
He looks exactly like those dozen games after Jake’s trade. Look at that PP, he did not want to skate. He got puck and just pass it to a Cane, he is pouting for whatever reason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad